Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bag on a hatch bike carrier

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I've found a great bag for the bike carrier. Though my concern are there any rules regarding the transportation of the goods mounted on the rack?
Other than Italy and Spain requiring 2 different striped signs, are there any requirements lets say in Scandinavia?

I've found a great bag for the bike carrier. Though my concern are there any rules regarding the transportation of the goods mounted on the rack?
Other than Italy and Spain requiring 2 different striped signs, are there any requirements lets say in Scandinavia?
Not to my knowledge. Also you don't require both signs, one will do for a foreign vehicle.

Anyone had any issues in Italy with not having the 'official' *aluminium* (expensive!) Fiamma sign but the cheaper plastic one?

Actually I've bought paper one in Italy. They didn't have anything else :) The seller was stating it is kinda ok.
Which one is better Italian or Spanish if you can have just one? I saw the sign with 2 sides, so you can just turn it.

Presumably these regulations don't apply to tow at mounted tacks as they have a lighting board at the rear of the vehicle - or do I still need a sign?

Can you reveal the make of the bag?! I'm looking for a decent one!

Presumably these regulations don't apply to tow at mounted tacks as they have a lighting board at the rear of the vehicle - or do I still need a sign?

Not sure but I thought it applied to *any* load sticking out the back?

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
Anything that projects beyond the footprint of the vehicle has to have this board. Nothing to do with lighting boards etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
Anything that projects beyond the footprint of the vehicle has to have this board. Nothing to do with lighting boards etc.
Just done some research - yes a V20 sign is required in Spain and Italy. It has to be at the rearmost extremity and hung vertically. That could be a challenge on the back of my sea kayak !

Just done some research - yes a V20 sign is required in Spain and Italy. It has to be at the rearmost extremity and hung vertically. That could be a challenge on the back of my sea kayak !
I have seen a solution to this. Mounted on the roofrack was a piece of 2'x1' timber batton, this ran along side the kayak and then projected out the back to an inch or so beyond the end of the kayak, on the end was a bracket with the reflective board attached so it was held firmly in place.

Not big but fits perfectly and cheap. http://www.suescanoes.co.uk/Overboard-Ninja-Duffle-130L
Fully waterproof, tested.
MfCgUP1LJwrb_x8E59sJkJJPL7bj4JCjV3F_4nmsrjBT-uJ7cCOOM9JA2n_Vr3JIbk_Q3_JywPFKs2xw1Y0cdxre_ZzirQqb0d8bz51LJcGU5QYDhuLZ89aA6_ifWtIHmT9Xlti6zfyI2HFsyIHHi46uv8ph7pahpl7LqwVlYPaY6RcQ-YINjI5pMzskd-pS_Zm_ED5IkdJbxid9v90GNdfLOaI8_cgkVVXKD2cL7IHjZNOv_rVhR49wyXpVwpFXlUFap5a0clFWZj8YLJo7dm0LUZsKr9B4PLACi5a6NWtNaLTtcSx2ErOcRsmZRC9Jwi4n7Sf1bvg7gRv9WqVKAvuQtxWicMTol1m4XJ1gIb3XTZVLphxOyTaC5mAd1ka97fSI51ZD6su2i44OJwkYfWKXnVt6_rz0XM9f4WOQaYXrY2J5fI2Q_OHTfAOK_drlD0sSWSi7LYWzNZWhP6a8SE4IGgin-QTXZbWJqT26WsZ3F8qLHFeGWaRJqEMYfirdLZX9HWlnDGZBox4UFAJx1_PV2xBPNXVWeV6yIzmysXs_e25TKPH_NhSubeClnBiWMGBBGQhpAhY-EF-8k3wkZXoJTCcnKm8tzAAinC3Pjh5lhuBcyTTgkA=w1137-h853-no

Is it possible to buy custom modded springs for the rear hatch so it holds the weight when open?
Carrier+5-10kg and hatch is already falling back.

I think it is 1200n one. The ones we already have by default.