Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Balkans Calling

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Having arrived here just last week I have now gone through the process of getting the Cali registered on local plates which gets me cheaper insurance until I return to the UK next year. Part of this process was attending the local MOT testing station where they examine the vehicle to see if its fit for purpose on Kosovo roads. The examination centre was modern and well organised. I watched from behind a glass screen as the testers photographed the vehicle tested it brakes etc etc. What was amusing was the number of examiners crowding around the vehicle to look in awe at its build etc. It came through the garage and when they had finished playing with it I then said - right I'll now show you what you've missed. I then demonstrated the elevating roof, kitchen, beds and of course the stored deck chairs by which time the offices had emptied all to look at the vehicle. It's a crowd puller to say the least! Its now locked away under dust cover and heavily insured until I venture out and about in a weekend or so. I've decided to remove the bike rack until my return journey in an attempt to improve my vision but also reduce the look of the vehicle for obvious reasons:clap

Sounds like scientists looking at their first ALIEN, you should have filmed them.

Pollychops said:
Sounds like scientists looking at their first ALIEN, you should have filmed them.

Certainly was a close encounter moment!

Probably the same feeling as Henry Stanley showing up his gear in East Africa.

(nothing really special though, I have this sort od situation quite often in France when a stranger asks me to present the van).