- T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
After driving A lot, and camping for 10days with no hookup:Actually the T6.1 has a Max Charge funktion. I think its a booster. But with that on, you are supposed to make a full charge while driving.
I dont think Bluemotion and full charge has anything to do with each other. The T5 and T6 are only able to make a full charge while on hook-up.
- charging while driving to 80%
- the other 20% charges automatically on ‘coasting’. Downhill in eco, no amps. Touch the brake (so the starts engine braking), up to 16amps into leisure batteries.
- max charge does several things:
* holding engine start/stop from stopping
* bit more revs when standing still
* that first 80% goes faster
* that last 20% goes forced; no free coasting energy.
I think that is supersmart!
I am asking myself if the car re-uses that 20% coasting energy at some point. One time after driving many hours, no max charge but battery 100% full, I saw -25A on panel with no such load connected, assuming the alternator can turn into motor at some point, feeded from leisure batteries when 100%.
I too have 2x 75ah. When at home, I don’t use the car in weekend, never turn off fridge (st3), never plug in. At home only short distances. Batt never gets full full, but also never empty. I e time in two weeks I plug it in.