Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery level

apatchee

apatchee

Vehicle
Looking to buy
FAB3AA07-B50F-492D-9D51-713486068DCA.jpeg Hi all,

Can’t seem to get the battery level up past the first dash,
Was running on 3rd dash last summer but then my split charge failed.
Now no matter how long it’s plugged into charge or drive with the replacement split charge it doesn’t increase.
The voltage increases when I drive and when on charge.
Is the leisure battery no longer holding a decent charge?

Thanks

View attachment 32738 Hi all,

Now no matter how long it’s plugged into charge or drive with the replacement split charge it doesn’t increase.

Thanks

Oh dear. Looks like it’s shot to me. The voltage will increase when you’re driving as the display is showing what the alternator is pushing into the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear. Looks like it’s shot to me. The voltage will increase when you’re driving as the display is showing what the alternator is pushing into the battery.

You can probably get the battery condition checked by your mechanic in the same way they can test the starter battery. Usually a much more comprehensive test than assuming it’s shot.

Thanks
How old are the Leisure Batteries?

Thanks

You know the photo you’ve posted shows that the battery is full? One bar at each end of the display. The percentage bars won’t show until the battery has been off hook up or alternator and the fridge or something has drawn some power from it.

You know the photo you’ve posted shows that the battery is full? One bar at each end of the display. The percentage bars won’t show until the battery has been off hook up or alternator and the fridge or something has drawn some power from it.

I was under the impression that all the dashes would be present if the battery was fully charged.

I’ve just turned the fridge on and the battery display hasn’t changed.

I was under the impression that all the dashes would be present if the battery was fully charged.

I’ve just turned the fridge on and the battery display hasn’t changed.

Easy mistake to make. Give it a while. If your batteries are good it’ll take a little while to drop charge enough for the percentage bars to show. Each is roughly 10%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy mistake to make. Give it a while. If your batteries are good it’ll take a little while to drop charge enough for the percentage bars to show. Each is roughly 10%.

Ok will leave on and see what happens.

Ok will leave on and see what happens.

Our battery is the original, so around 17 years old. It drops to 60% pretty quickly these days. Ought to replace at some point but it still manages a few days before I need to bother with it. Yours is likely to be a lot healthier so may take a while to show it’s true colours.

5F385BBB-C558-4D3F-A80E-2EC828E5A516.png
17 years old!! Not bad going, do you leave it connected and on charge whenever possible?

I saw this in the manual and gather this is what it would like fully charged.

Our battery is the original, so around 17 years old. It drops to 60% pretty quickly these days. Ought to replace at some point but it still manages a few days before I need to bother with it. Yours is likely to be a lot healthier so may take a while to show it’s true colours.

View attachment 32751
17 years old!! Not bad going, do you leave it connected and on charge whenever possible?

I saw this in the manual and gather this is what it would like fully charged.

I know. Ours Westy is pretty much a daily driver so the battery is kept topped up (to 80% at least) then part of a pre-trip routine I’ll give it 24 hours or so on hook up.

Yeah. The manual shows the display with all the possible symbols that can illuminate. Can’t remember if the description explains how and when the percentage bars show.

I know. Ours Westy is pretty much a daily driver so the battery is kept topped up (to 80% at least) then part of a pre-trip routine I’ll give it 24 hours or so on hook up.

Yeah. The manual shows the display with all the possible symbols that can illuminate. Can’t remember if the description explains how and when the percentage bars show.

Here we go,translation from a slightly newer version of the manual, but essentially the same unit…
9. Capacity of the additional batteries The available battery capacity is displayed in 10% increments. The display will appear for the first time about 5 minutes after switching on a consumer during battery operation. Before that, only the first and last bar symbol will be displayed.

Here we go,translation from a slightly newer version of the manual, but essentially the same unit…
9. Capacity of the additional batteries The available battery capacity is displayed in 10% increments. The display will appear for the first time about 5 minutes after switching on a consumer during battery operation. Before that, only the first and last bar symbol will be displayed.

That’s got it! Up to 4 bars now, thanks for your help!

I put it on charge tomorrow

Thanks

That’s got it! Up to 4 bars now, thanks for your help!

I put it on charge tomorrow

Thanks

No worries. Sounds like your battery might of suffered it’s 8 months without charge though.

My gauge does the same sometimes and then comes back on every now and again but the voltage levels are always representative of being fully charged or drained.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Back