Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Leisure Battery Replacement

TheDoc

TheDoc

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anyone recommend a good quality replacement leisure battery for a 2017 Beach? I’ve searched and found lots of threads about the standard one being a ‘starter’ battery as opposed to leisure battery but no definitive answer on whether the factory battery can be replaced with a leisure one and, if so what model/ brand. I’m not worried about price.

Can anyone recommend a good quality replacement leisure battery for a 2017 Beach? I’ve searched and found lots of threads about the standard one being a ‘starter’ battery as opposed to leisure battery but no definitive answer on whether the factory battery can be replaced with a leisure one and, if so what model/ brand. I’m not worried about price.
Out of interest, how did you decide you needed a replacement? I have a feeling my 2017 Beach battery is not in great health but I haven't tested it.

Out of interest, how did you decide you needed a replacement? I have a feeling my 2017 Beach battery is not in great health but I haven't tested it.
On that front I can’t really help I’m sorry. I bought the van secondhand with 5k on the clock so it was probably in ok shape - I just bought a new one to be sure.

I recently changed mine, to that battery, the old one was 9 years old and wouldn't hold charge for any length of time.
It's a straight forward job, bit of a faff getting the seat located back correctly before bolting back up.

Back