Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beginner - water pump question

Finlay

Finlay

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Sorry there may be a few of these newbie queries, I hope you don’t mind.
Just Filled my GC680 with water for the first time and I can still hear the water pump 30 mins afterwards, is this normal do I have to switch something off? TIA

Sorry there may be a few of these newbie queries, I hope you don’t mind.
Just Filled my GC680 with water for the first time and I can still hear the water pump 30 mins afterwards, is this normal do I have to switch something off? TIA
The Tap?
Make sure the tap is fully closed. The tap microswitch is activated before the tap opens for water flow.

I’ve tried turning it on and of again - I pulled the switches in the fuse box down, but no change. Despite not being connected on hook up the battery shows it is still charging and the lights still go on. I do have a solar panel and it is sunny. There is a leaflet on it but it’s all in German! The water pump carries on relentlessly!

Does the water tank have enough water in? If nearly empty and the pump is pumping air rather than water no pressure will build and the pump will not switch off. Also look for air trapped in the system - try "sucking" on the tap outlet with the tap open. Sounds a bit horrid but it does work. If all that fails then you probably need a new pump!

Hi we had the pump running for no reason on our grand 600. Check the out door shower is switchef off. That was our issue. The shower wasn't connected so no water running but the pump was trying to work as it was on. Big shout out to California Chris Liverpool van centre for the tip. His videos have helped us get to grips with the Cali after a very poor handover from our dealer.

Does the water tank have enough water in? If nearly empty and the pump is pumping air rather than water no pressure will build and the pump will not switch off. Also look for air trapped in the system - try "sucking" on the tap outlet with the tap open. Sounds a bit horrid but it does work. If all that fails then you probably need a new pump!
Tried this but didn’t help. Thanks anyway

Hi we had the pump running for no reason on our grand 600. Check the out door shower is switchef off. That was our issue. The shower wasn't connected so no water running but the pump was trying to work as it was on. Big shout out to California Chris Liverpool van centre for the tip. His videos have helped us get to grips with the Cali after a very poor handover from our dealer.
Thank you so much yes it was the outdoor shower! Totally agree about California Chris brilliant little videos. :):)

Thanks everyone, been scratching my head all day trying to stop the pump. It was the external shower switch. Shows what an excellent resource this group is.

Likewise I had the same problem. It was the outdoor shower switch. Many thansk.

Same problem here. Thanks so much. Better coming here than main VW dealership. Replaced tap in the kitchensink. Pump still stayed on. Read the above, switched the outside shower switch and it's sorted. Pump went off. So happy.

Back