Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump not turning on

T

Tony L

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I’ve just arrived at a camp site and filled the tank, but the water pump is not turning on if I try and use any of the taps or the toilet. I do hear a click sound if I turn the tap on, as if it’s sending a signal to turn the pump on. Any ideas? Thanks. Tony

I’ve just arrived at a camp site and filled the tank, but the water pump is not turning on if I try and use any of the taps or the toilet. I do hear a click sound if I turn the tap on, as if it’s sending a signal to turn the pump on. Any ideas? Thanks. Tony
Can you hear the pump running at all? If you lift the bed mattress next to the sink and remove the cover to access the water tank this should give you a better idea if the pump is trying to to run.
Some owners had this trouble and the pipe had come loose from the pump, so might be worth a check?

has the tank been empty if so my money is on the pump impeller stuck if you can remove the pump try turning it by hand it probably will free up

Thanks for the replies. It started working a couple of hours later so I’m guessing some water froze somewhere even though I had emptied the system Tony