Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bellows Bungee

S

Solis

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can someone please advise how tight the bellows bungee should be? Thanks.

not as tight as you could imagine it needs to sit somewhere in the middle of the canvas you should be able to get your hand under at the corners with ease. if it is creasing the canvas on the corners it is to tight.

not as tight as you could imagine it needs to sit somewhere in the middle of the canvas you should be able to get your hand under at the corners with ease. if it is creasing the canvas on the corners it is to tight.

Thanks. Much appreciated

Just fitted my bungee, followed the instructions, but clearly not well enough as it slipped down the bellows once the roof started going down.

AC397D1A-C8EB-4167-9294-64D969323E03.jpeg

For clarity, does the bungee have to be tight enough so that it stays in place when the roof is going down? If this is the case the answer to most bungee questions I’ve seen on here is “blinking tight!”

try asking the place you bought it from

the ones in the club shop work fine

Just fitted my bungee, followed the instructions, but clearly not well enough as it slipped down the bellows once the roof started going down.

View attachment 31855

For clarity, does the bungee have to be tight enough so that it stays in place when the roof is going down? If this is the case the answer to most bungee questions I’ve seen on here is “blinking tight!”

Yes! The bungee works best if it stays in the middle of the bellow when the roof is going down.

Looks like a fake bungee, ours has a totally different clip, where did you buy it?

certainly looks counterfeit to me !

Maybe I’m missing something, but clearly there is a subtext to this, so is there an issue with the place that I’ve *allegedly* bought this ‘fake’ bungee from?!?

Anyway I’ve called the police, trading standards and I’ve spoken to a no win no fee solicitor, I’ll get my money back if it’s the last thing I do...or I’ll just fit it tighter.

Maybe I’m missing something, but clearly there is a subtext to this, so is there an issue with the place that I’ve *allegedly* bought this ‘fake’ bungee from?!?

Anyway I’ve called the police, trading standards and I’ve spoken to a no win no fee solicitor, I’ll get my money back if it’s the last thing I do...or I’ll just fit it tighter.

:) Just fit it tighter and in the center of the bellow, the bungee is not a magic thing. Its just a Shock Cord with a round plastic rope tensioner that don't eat cali roof canvas.
My guess is that my bungee is 1 - 2 cm shorter than circumference of the center the canvas of a fully elevated roof. Lover the roof with one eye on the canvas bellow to check that how the bungee with a light pressure helps the canvas to fold towards the center on all sides. Elevate the roof and adjust the tension if needed it should stay in place at the center of the canvas.
/C

This was actually covered in a recent episode of fake Britain on BBC1, I seem to remember a thousand bellows bungees were siezed at Dover ferry port concealed in hollow water Mellons.