Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bellows bungee

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi everybody,Does any body know how to fit /tips on fitting the Bellows bungee ?

Here is a very basic guide. To fit The bellows bungee you will need some assistance first tie the quickclip to the bike rack or get someone to hold it round the back. with the roof raised thread the bungee behind the scissor mechanism towards the front drivers side then stand on the drivers step pull the bungee until you have enough slack then throw it over the front making sure someone is there to catch it.repeat the process threading the bungee behind the scissors until you meet up around the back. Join the bungee and the clip together then tension
Just make sure that its not too tight you should be able to fit your hand behind the bungee on the corners without a problem. It doesn't need to be tight to be effective.
I hope this helps.

Calikev said:
Here is a very basic guide. To fit The bellows bungee you will need some assistance first tie the quickclip to the bike rack or get someone to hold it round the back. with the roof raised thread the bungee behind the scissor mechanism towards the front drivers side then stand on the drivers step pull the bungee until you have enough slack then throw it over the front making sure someone is there to catch it.repeat the process threading the bungee behind the scissors until you meet up around the back. Join the bungee and the clip together then tension
Just make sure that its not too tight you should be able to fit your hand behind the bungee on the corners without a problem. It doesn't need to be tight to be effective.
I hope this helps.

Thanks we will give it a go :thanks

We fitted ours last weekend, what a simple and practical solution, easy to fit and great to watch it operate.

I easily fitted mine single-handed:
-Attach a short thread to one end of the bungee & tie it to the scissor mechanism
-Attach a long piece of thread to the other end of the bungee
-Walk round the Cali, passing the thread inside the mechanisms
-Gently pull the bungee via the long thread until you have both ends together
-Clip the free end of the bungee into the plastic clip (the "wrong" way, so it does not slip!)
-Work the bungee round to equalize tension & get the plastic clip at centre-rear

Saved our bacon at the weekend as we were camping on the Dorset coast, using the bungee in high winds the bellows came down with no problem at all and folded in perfectly.

Surely VW should start installing these into the fabric?