Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bench seat problem with our new beach

James 2

James 2

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
We bought a new beach in January. We had 1 night away in it in February and there was a problem with the bench seat. The seat cover / clips came away during the procedure to turn the bench seat into the bed. We took our new beach, Byron, back to the VW dealer. They ordered a new seat cover from VW. We had 2 nights away in it in April and exactly the same thing happened. The seat cover / clips came away during the procedure to turn the bench seat into the bed. We took our new beach, Byron, back to the VW dealer again. They told me today that they will order a new seat cover from VW again. This seems a bit odd to me as this didn't fix the problem the first time! I have been looking at beach forums on the internet and I don't see other beach owners having this problem? Any advice would be most welcome. We have done over 3,000 miles since January and this is the only problem we have had.

We've had our Beach for a year now and had the back seat up and down loads of times without any problem. I admit it is a knack to get right and remember the salesman having to go and ask a colleague how to do it when he tried to demonstrate to us before we signed up.

I did soon get fed up sliding the seat about late at night trying to get it just so before bed time so to make it easy I have left off the rear head rests and put small red nail varnish dots on the rails marking out where to locate. I have had the seat belt get stuck and jam it up so watch out for these straps as I go now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

;););)
We bought a new beach in January. We had 1 night away in it in February and there was a problem with the bench seat. The seat cover / clips came away during the procedure to turn the bench seat into the bed. We took our new beach, Byron, back to the VW dealer. They ordered a new seat cover from VW. We had 2 nights away in it in April and exactly the same thing happened. The seat cover / clips came away during the procedure to turn the bench seat into the bed. We took our new beach, Byron, back to the VW dealer again. They told me today that they will order a new seat cover from VW again. This seems a bit odd to me as this didn't fix the problem the first time! I have been looking at beach forums on the internet and I don't see other beach owners having this problem? Any advice would be most welcome. We have done over 3,000 miles since January and this is the only problem we have had.

Newly Married are we! ;)

Not sure why you need the dots Sadie, surely you simply move the seat to it's most forward position, lower the backrest to horizontal. And then push the seat back as far as it will go. Works every time for us. Or maybe we're doing it wrong in some way.

Agree with leaving the head rests at home though. There's only two of us so never any passengers and the headrests are just a pain to remove, store somewhere and replace every time you set up the bed.

We put them back on when we're at home though.

One thing I did do is to pull the multiflex board back as far as it will go, so the slider at the bottom is actually over the lug which you can use to strap things onto. We did this so that the box can be as far back as possible to accommodate the fridge behind the passenger seat. Maybe that makes it easier to make the bed in the way we do.

Back