Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best and worst camping smells

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
This morning whilst walking around the campsite on a loveley sunny morning I experienced the best smell on a campsite.

Everyone cooking bacon on their outside BBQ's! This was quite depressing though as when I got back to the van I had Muesli waiting for me :(

Then an hour later, I then experienced the worst smell that is part of camping.. The mens toilet block at 10.30am ( i think you know what I am talking about )

What are your fave smells?

I'm with you. Bacon in the morning. Also, particularly in wintertime, we cook a pork joint in our Cobb (summer it tends to be a chicken). The people come from far and wide to say what a fabulous smell! Yum! Delicious in buns with a dollop of stuffing and apple sauce :)

I'm with you. Bacon in the morning. Also, particularly in wintertime, we cook a pork joint in our Cobb (summer it tends to be a chicken). The people come from far and wide to say what a fabulous smell! Yum! Delicious in buns with a dollop of stuffing and apple sauce :)

Ooo let us know where you'll be next. Sounds yummy !

i feel your pain, I don't think muesli even has a smell sadly lol ;)

Bacon is pretty much up there though isn't it, same as the smell of bbq on a sunny day really one of those things that gets linked to those good times and reminds you everytime you smell them.

Or driving along the seafront and the smell of fresh fish and chips cooking.

I am currently in olfactory hell :sad

Two days ago I took my dogs for a walk, along the canal then along a country park built around an old flooded quarry.

I was just saying to my Sister "thank goodness our dogs are not interested in water or else they will be in the rancid canal or quarry" when first Bella does a breaststroke passed us, in the quarry ....... and on the way back Max falls in the canal :shocked

I'm now having to live with the delicate aroma's of Eau de Canal and Eau de quarry wafting around Albert :sad

All ladies toilets smells of roses