Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BEST COLOUR FOR GRAND CALIFORNIA 600

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Is there any colour combination that can transform the Grand California 600 in to a thing of beauty?

It's so disappointing that VW can make a van so ugly, what were they thinking.
No California Beach, then this whale on wheels, do VW ever conduct market research on their customers needs and wants or do they think we'll buy anything?

Ultraviolet and infrared.

Indium grey looks great in 680:

It also looks good for 600, albeit I think the 680 looks better:

No California Beach, then this whale on wheels, do VW ever conduct market research on their customers needs and wants or do they think we'll buy anything?
I think the 680 looks good
Not blown away by the 600 but what hightop does look good?
It’s a crafter,crafters look good how can you transform it into anything else other than what it is..

Indium grey looks great in 680:

It also looks good for 600, albeit I think the 680 looks better:
The 680 is lovely

I think the 680 looks good
Not blown away by the 600 but what hightop does look good?
It’s a crafter,crafters look good how can you transform it into anything else other than what it is..
Agreed. I think the views of some on this forum about the GC being ‘ugly’ are comparing it to the Cali, which is an apples and pears comparison. My opinion is that the Cali looks better than the GC, but that’s not really relevant as they are playing to different segments of the market.

Let’s compare the GC to big whites and to Crafter/ Sprinter based conversions, which is the space the GC is actually competing in, and I think the GC (certainly the 680) fares very well in appearance.

Agreed. I think the views of some on this forum about the GC being ‘ugly’ are comparing it to the Cali, which is an apples and pears comparison. My opinion is that the Cali looks better than the GC, but that’s not really relevant as they are playing to different segments of the market.

Let’s compare the GC to big whites and to Crafter/ Sprinter based conversions, which is the space the GC is actually competing in, and I think the GC (certainly the 680) fares very well in appearance.
The 680 is OK but the 600 roof line is uniquely wrong, a pop top would be acceptable for the extra berths whilst keeping the sleeker look, I am waiting for Murvi to make a conversion on the crafter and I will be in the market for a big blue one.

The 680 is OK but the 600 roof line is uniquely wrong, a pop top would be acceptable for the extra berths whilst keeping the sleeker look, I am waiting for Murvi to make a conversion on the crafter and I will be in the market for a big blue one.
If a large pop top is what you’re looking for, I suggest you look at the Hymer Grand Canyon, based on Sprinter. I would expect Hymer build is superior to Murvi.

If a large pop top is what you’re looking for, I suggest you look at the Hymer Grand Canyon, based on Sprinter. I would expect Hymer build is superior to Murvi.
I agree with you. But the MarvI might suit his budget. Possibly also based upon the MANN brand. however I guess its all about being out there

Well you can’t get anything more ugly than a Beetle and that didn’t do too badly.

I agree with you. But the MarvI might suit his budget. Possibly also based upon the MANN brand. however I guess its all about being out there
Unfortunately Murvi costs means a crafter based camper would be more expensive than a 600, they do convert the Sprinter, Ducato and Transit but whilst the layouts appeals to me the vans available are just too agricultural.
I was only suggesting a pop top to avoid the guppy roof line necessary for the upper bed, if they produced a two berth 600 with the standard roof it would be a lot prettier.

Unfortunately Murvi costs means a crafter based camper would be more expensive than a 600, they do convert the Sprinter, Ducato and Transit but whilst the layouts appeals to me the vans available are just too agricultural.
I was only suggesting a pop top to avoid the guppy roof line necessary for the upper bed, if they produced a two berth 600 with the standard roof it would be a lot prettier.
Totally agree re two berth Would have preferred a standard roof line however not sure the would have had the head room.

As the original poster, I was only referring to the the 600 model and not the 680.
I was purely trying to convince myself that the 600 could be made to look vaguely attractive and a possible replacement for my 19 plate Beach.
Quite tempted by the Mercedes Hymer Grand Canyon S.
Sorry VW but it looks like a new Hymer will be next.

I'm reviving this thread in the hope that as now there are more GCs on the road those of you that own a two colour 600 or 680 will post some photos of your vehicles. If you can please let's have some good sized pics taken at various angles.

I am asking because I have a LWB MAN TGE in Reflex Silver due for delivery any day and am pondering the options of having the lower half in a different colour. Obviously this will be much better and easier before any conversion work is done.

Thanks,

Rod

Excellent @soppelsa have you finally collected it now then? Hope all is ok.

To stay on thread, here’s mine (sure it’s not helpful as you have silver)

D4E22BA6-0393-4E84-AA02-6E7FDFAFA3AE.jpeg

I really like this colour scheme. I think it’s Reflex Silver top and Indium Grey bottom. Likely not available in UK.

View attachment 63276
Just to show that it was available in 2020 in the UK a month ago I acquired this used one. Best colour scheme and I still haven't seen the same colours elsewhere Reflex Silver and Indium Grey.

volkswagen-california-van-conversion-diesel-f4783b85a5e9.jpeg

Back