Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 600 Gas Safety Certificate

A

Aldo

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Good afternoon,

After buying a Grand California 600 with an idea to rent it when not in personal use, the requirement of a Gas Safety Certificate came up. Ive spoken to a couple of engineers who have said it would fail due to not having adequate permanent ventilation in the cabin.

Has anyone else had there Grand California "Gas Safety Certificate"?

Thanks for any replies.

Good afternoon,

After buying a Grand California 600 with an idea to rent it when not in personal use, the requirement of a Gas Safety Certificate came up. Ive spoken to a couple of engineers who have said it would fail due to not having adequate permanent ventilation in the cabin.

Has anyone else had there Grand California "Gas Safety Certificate"?

Thanks for any replies.
Probably worth calling a company that rents them out professionally.
Oh it dose have permanent ventalation in the ceiling x1 just in front of bed x1 in the heads. Also gas drainage in the floor of the gas locker.

Had a similar experience to Aldo 10 days ago. Took my new 680 into Titan Motorhomes and caravans in Waterlooville in Hampshire for a Gaslow fit. Steve (manager) took one look at the gas piping, declared it non compliant with EN 1949 (an EU fitting standard apparently), claimed that he should really "cut off the system" to make it non operational and declined to fit the gaslow system ordered in. I was a little slack jawed to say the least...a second opinion at Harbor Creek Motorhomes at Hayling Island confirmed that the system is fine and then I found this in the paper work...a test certificate proving compliance with EN 1949. I think its safe!

Test3 VW.jpg

Had a similar experience to Aldo 10 days ago. Took my new 680 into Titan Motorhomes and caravans in Waterlooville in Hampshire for a Gaslow fit. Steve (manager) took one look at the gas piping, declared it non compliant with EN 1949 (an EU fitting standard apparently), claimed that he should really "cut off the system" to make it non operational and declined to fit the gaslow system ordered in. I was a little slack jawed to say the least...a second opinion at Harbor Creek Motorhomes at Hayling Island confirmed that the system is fine and then I found this in the paper work...a test certificate proving compliance with EN 1949. I think its safe!

View attachment 75799
Nice find think I have one too. Must look. Thanks for posting this.

I have recieved my gas safety certificate. The guy who gave me mines only issue was the 'gas drop' at the back was a mesh (prone to clogging he said), needed to be charged to a grid. '75mm gas drop vent'. Little bodge to fit as you need to make space around the mesh for a sound fit (below the gas bottles at the back). Apart from that this guy seemed to think it was due a pass.

Do you have a picture of the modification?

Hi Aldo,

Intrested to know why the gas fitter did not move the black gas cylinder resting blocks to assist any escape of gas Under the cylinders? Also thought the gas cupboard conformed to G607 EU standards.

Gas engineer specifically said, "its fine for EU but not UK". Im just the messenger :)

OK no worries.

Back