Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best insurance providers? also N E sites near/on beach.

lynne

lynne

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All,
I have just bought a T5 Cal Ocean and I was wondering, what sites are best for insurance?
Also we are wanting to take it to Whitby or Northeast coast for our 1st outing, any suggestions where we can park on/near beach?
Quite excited.
Thank you.
Lynne

Beadnell Bay C&CC site is right next to the beach. Great walks north and south.
Need to book though as it gets pretty busy.

Beadnell Bay C&CC site is right next to the beach. Great walks north and south.
Need to book though as it gets pretty busy.
Thanks, also another question is it best to join a caravan clubs for deals, new to all this.
Thanks

Safeguard would be my recommendation for a SE. Extra money off with a club membership too.

Thanks, also another question is it best to join a caravan clubs for deals, new to all this.
Thanks
I joined Caravan Club (CC) as they gave me a good quote for insurance if a member. I have also subsequently joined C&CC (Camping and Caravanning Club) ss discovered the CC sites near my family don't allow sewn in ground sheets in the awning. I've probably already saved my C&CC membership as been away 36 nights since I got the van in 1st March...

Hi Lynn, we picked our new Cali up on Friday morning. We have just returned from our first two nights away and we stayed near Whitby at Lythe: http://www.lythecc.co.uk/ which was a lovely quiet place (with hook up and decent showers). There is a good beach nearby (down a very steep hill) at Sandsend, but we took a 4 mile cliff / coastal walk the other way, to Runswick Bay and thoroughly enjoyed it. We chose Comfort insurance. We hope you have great time too.

Wow, thank you all, will defiantly look at all the insurance options

Dunstan Hill CCC site 10 mins walk down track/ field to Embleton beach.

Just insured our newly bought Cali with Safeguard. Was quoted £405 with club discount but asked for a better deal and was offered £345! They mirrored our no-caims and offered unlimited mileage and breakdown all included.

Hi All,
I have just bought a T5 Cal Ocean and I was wondering, what sites are best for insurance?
Also we are wanting to take it to Whitby or Northeast coast for our 1st outing, any suggestions where we can park on/near beach?
Quite excited.
Thank you.
Lynne
This a site in Northumberland close to some Northumberland beaches, I haven't stayed there but it is on my list after some research and reading reviews. I have tried to book here a couple of times but they have been fully booked.
http://www.annstead.co.uk/

Hi Lynn, we picked our new Cali up on Friday morning. We have just returned from our first two nights away and we stayed near Whitby at Lythe: http://www.lythecc.co.uk/ which was a lovely quiet place (with hook up and decent showers). There is a good beach nearby (down a very steep hill) at Sandsend, but we took a 4 mile cliff / coastal walk the other way, to Runswick Bay and thoroughly enjoyed it. We chose Comfort insurance. We hope you have great time too.

Thanks for that, actually changed the one we had booked to your recommendation.

Just insured our newly bought Cali with Safeguard. Was quoted £405 with club discount but asked for a better deal and was offered £345! They mirrored our no-caims and offered unlimited mileage and breakdown all included.

I went with comfort £280 90 days cover £1000 extras covered as well, might be an idea to give them a bells I was quoted £380 from everyone else does not include RAC but I am already a member
Hope this helps