Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best mat for T5 camper

Muchos04

Muchos04

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi there,

Any suggestions for best floor mat in back of T5 camper beside slide door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went down the line of a fitted mat when we 1st bought our van. We changed several years ago tho a wool welsh floor rug /mat, not too thick warm on the feet and machine washable.

If rubber is of interest try Screwfix RR010010C GENERAL PURPOSE RIBBED MATTING BLACK 2500MM X 915MM (49538)

Or find a carpet company that does binding, choice a carpet of your choice make a template out of cardboard or hardboard take it in and get what you want how you want, when making a template allow about 5mm for binding.
We did this in our Coach built motorhome worked a treat.

Carpet tiles between the rails then Marvel washable mat from Dunelm on top is what I have. Just throw the mat in the washing machine when I get home.

Thanks so much guys for all replies. Great stuff on here.

What are these mats made of? Doesn’t say on the website attached.

What are the mats made of. See one which could do the trick but oddly I can’t find details of the material on the website??

Give them a call and ask, I'm sure they would love to talk to a potential customer.

Carpet tiles between the rails then Marvel washable mat from Dunelm on top is what I have. Just throw the mat in the washing machine when I get home.
My Marvel Mat’s rubber backing has started to disintegrate shedding loads of rubber dust!

How old is it. MInes about 2 and seems ok so far.
Also a couple of years. I suspect that it’s where it rubs on the rails so I guess it’s down to me rather than the mat.

Guess depends what sort of camping you do. I think you can’t beat rubber matting sheet (coin matting, eBay) from eBay cut to size. The smell disappears quickly. But we get a bit dusty/muddy etc. Fitted to size makes it much easier to sweep out but a bit harder to use the lower bed; you have to roll it up and stash it somewhere.

Guess depends what sort of camping you do. I think you can’t beat rubber matting sheet (coin matting, eBay) from eBay cut to size. The smell disappears quickly. But we get a bit dusty/muddy etc. Fitted to size makes it much easier to sweep out but a bit harder to use the lower bed; you have to roll it up and stash it somewhere.

I’ve got a good hardwearing floor in the T5. Might get one of these https://www.primrose.co.uk/18m-25m-outdoor-samti-rug-beige-tabriz-rugs-p-103057.html

Thanks Sandyvan. I have a conversion so my RIB bed has a static base.

I bought some carpet from Carpet right, it's about 3mm thick so the bed can run over it when laid. I cut lines for the trac
Brandrup https://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup.../vw-vehicle-interior/velour-carpets-vw-t5-t6/ if you have three rails but have no intention of using the middle rail(fifth seat) then get the two rail carpet it fits over and the bed still slides. the way it Velcro's onto a plastic strip which slides under the steptrim is also trick IMHO.

We've got a Hug Rug in ours, so we can take it out and wash it if we need to.

How old is it. MInes about 2 and seems ok so far.
I've come to the conclusion that Marvel changed the rubber backing couple of years ago! I have 2 mats one older than 2 years the other less. The older one has a harder backing and shows no wear, the newer one has a softer rubber and shows a lot of wear.