Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best Place to live - Luton !!!

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I see in the papers yesterday that they best place to live in the UK is Luton! It was descibed a 'Britain’s most desirable location'

I lived in Luton for a few years around five years ago and I could not wait to leave!

No offence to anyone still living there

We couldn't wait for you to go either, It started getting better once you left :D

The article didn't say it was the best place to live, it said its where house prices are rising fastest.

Is that not where 24 hours in police custody is filmed ? Some very undesirables live there by the look of it

Might be a bit of a coincidence but most police custody suites have undesirables in them not just Lutons.

Having lived & worked for in excess of six months in each of the following:

Manchester
Leeds
Birmingham
Nottingham
Derby
Newcastle
Glasgow
Belfast
Plymouth

and currently having my main home in Luton, I can categorically state that there are parts of all of those places that are worse than the worst parts of Luton.

As with any large town/city there are parts that you wouldn't want to live in by choice. On the other hand its hard to find anywhere else with as good transport links to the rest of the UK, Kings X station is 22 minutes, airport is convenient, M1 and M25 minutes away,easy access to the countryside & still relatively affordable - thats why the prices are going up.

Find a decent road with good neighbours & its no worse than anywhere else.

Back