Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Big day for Lloyd today....

S

Stu

Guest User
...... After a lovely weekend at CotF he's off to the doctors to have his roof corrosion attended to.

We were expecting the AA to bring the loan Cali when they collected ours but apparently that's the job of someone else so we'll need to see how that unfolds.

So far so good, the service from the body shop and the company involved with the insurance of the loan vehicle has been exceptional. Also a massive thanks to Alex + SMG for his management of the warranty claim and to SU51 BUS for their dogged persistence with VW over this issue.

Please do all keep checking your roof and surrounding area's for corrosion and remember you may have to peel back the rubber seal on the edge of the elevating roof to reveal the hidden damage. Some of us are working to collate all of this information which is being and has been presented to those that need to be made aware.

I know I spoke to several of you at CotF as I'm sure did Graham (SU51 BUS) and pointed out how to check under the rubber seal so please do and report back in the main thread.

I will keep things updated with progress as it happens.

image.jpg

:clap :clap
Did you leave the dash cam running to get a video record of the work done :lol: Might need a bigger memory card though.

:lol:

It did occur to me but then reality kicked in and it's likely a lot of work will take place in that area so best not to.

Did you get a posh cali as a loaner?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm not there T so not seen it.

I did get a registration number on the insurance document which is for a 180 DSG.

Well the 'loaner' arrived late on this afternoon.

It turns out, at least in our case, that the loan van was at the body shop so the AA took ours to them this morning and returned with the loaner this afternoon.

Loan van is pretty well spec'd. Natural Grey 180 DSG, 3 rails (although no seat), Xenons, electric side door, lane assist, RNS510 DAB, F&R sensors with reversing cam, WiFi, Bluetooth, leather seats, privacy, comfort mattress & rechargeable torch.

I've not really been following things with new Cali's lately so am a bit out of touch with options etc. The rechargeable torch looks useful and I would suggest entirely retrofittable although at what cost I don't know. The loan van has the small additional storage drawer - is this now included?

Back