Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BIG thank you...and hello everyone!

LadySmiff

LadySmiff

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The Mr and I have been wanting a camper for yonks. When we started doing our proper homework a few months ago, we came across this forum and it's been so incredibly helpful....we've found answers to all our daft (and not so daft!) questions, so thank you all!

And now I'm pleased to say we've just ordered our new bus...we weren't planning to order until next year but we decided to sneak in before the pesky price increase next week!

Noted the spec below in case anyone fancies a skwizz and a shout out to the excellent Mike Harbinson + Eurovans in Crawley, he's done us a cracking deal and we're very happy - now we just wait for the delivery date (hopefully not in January as he thinks or we'll be cancelling Christmas & checking down the back of the sofa for the last bit of cash!!)

Looking forward to chatting with you all soon - Wendy & Ray :)

CALI OCEAN 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DSG - MOJAVE BEIGE

18" Palmerston Alloys (non negotiable for the OH!)
Silver Awning
Shower Attachment (we're mucky pups and hope to add another real mucky pup to the family next year!)
Discover Media Nav System (Sat Nav to replace Sat Nag (me!))
Heated Front Windscreen
LED Headlamps (another OH request, and I thought I was the demanding one)
Mudflaps
Privacy Glass
Reversing Camera (got one on our car & as much as you think you don't need it, boy do you get used to it!)
Electric Sliding Door (yep, OH again!)

And we got the extended warranty chucked in to sweeten the deal.

Welcome on board , good you orderd so the sooner the fun can begin!

The Mr and I have been wanting a camper for yonks. When we started doing our proper homework a few months ago, we came across this forum and it's been so incredibly helpful....we've found answers to all our daft (and not so daft!) questions, so thank you all!

And now I'm pleased to say we've just ordered our new bus...we weren't planning to order until next year but we decided to sneak in before the pesky price increase next week!

Noted the spec below in case anyone fancies a skwizz and a shout out to the excellent Mike Harbinson + Eurovans in Crawley, he's done us a cracking deal and we're very happy - now we just wait for the delivery date (hopefully not in January as he thinks or we'll be cancelling Christmas & checking down the back of the sofa for the last bit of cash!!)

Looking forward to chatting with you all soon - Wendy & Ray :)

CALI OCEAN 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DSG - MOJAVE BEIGE

18" Palmerston Alloys (non negotiable for the OH!)
Silver Awning
Shower Attachment (we're mucky pups and hope to add another real mucky pup to the family next year!)
Discover Media Nav System (Sat Nav to replace Sat Nag (me!))
Heated Front Windscreen
LED Headlamps (another OH request, and I thought I was the demanding one)
Mudflaps
Privacy Glass
Reversing Camera (got one on our car & as much as you think you don't need it, boy do you get used to it!)
Electric Sliding Door (yep, OH again!)

And we got the extended warranty chucked in to sweeten the deal.
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

The only comments I would have regarding the Spec:

1. You have the built in Diesel Parking Heater which can warm the vehicle and defrost ALL the windows in 10 - 20 minutes., and the remote can work over quit a distance. Do you need the Heated windscreen as well? If the windscreen is iced up so will most of the other windows and it is no good driving with just the windscreen clear.

2. I trust you are aware that the Electric Sliding door,
a. makes an alarm beep when moving - not helpful at night on a campsite.
b. uses the engine battery to operate, so if not on mains hookup can flatten the starter battery
c. if switched to manual to stop the beep and avoid flattening the engine battery is very heavy to operate.
d. some have reported problems with the electric sliding door. I hope you have read the relevant Topics/Threads?

If that's the one in the showroom then I was sat in it last week :D A lovely vehicle.

Congratulations and welcome. If it as that one then the electric door was already factory fitted, but it's not a bad extra. Mine has an electric door, how much of a nuisance the beeping is to your neighbours does depend on how close you park to them and how often you go in and out during the night, which in my case, once in bed that's it. Otherwise I love mine, more useful than I ever imagined it would be when I first clapped eyes on my Albert 4 years ago in the same place as yours was from :D

I also believe the heated windscreen came fitted, otherwise I would agree with @WelshGas , unnecessary when using the heater.

Great stuff! See you on the road!

Welcome Wendy and Ray! Sounds great! Enjoy your time until your Cali arrives!

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

The only comments I would have regarding the Spec:

1. You have the built in Diesel Parking Heater which can warm the vehicle and defrost ALL the windows in 10 - 20 minutes., and the remote can work over quit a distance. Do you need the Heated windscreen as well? If the windscreen is iced up so will most of the other windows and it is no good driving with just the windscreen clear.

2. I trust you are aware that the Electric Sliding door,
a. makes an alarm beep when moving - not helpful at night on a campsite.
b. uses the engine battery to operate, so if not on mains hookup can flatten the starter battery
c. if switched to manual to stop the beep and avoid flattening the engine battery is very heavy to operate.
d. some have reported problems with the electric sliding door. I hope you have read the relevant Topics/Threads?
Thanks @WelshGas

We used to have a heated windscreen on one of our cars and we used it all the time, being out in the sticks we get a lot of frosty mornings... And we'll be using the bus quite a bit on the road as well as for camping.

The electric door seems to be a real Marmite issue, we're happy though... I don't remember it bleeping in the dealership and as @GrannyJen said, once we're in bed, we're soundo!

Happy Camping

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If that's the one in the showroom then I was sat in it last week :D A lovely vehicle.

Congratulations and welcome. If it as that one then the electric door was already factory fitted, but it's not a bad extra. Mine has an electric door, how much of a nuisance the beeping is to your neighbours does depend on how close you park to them and how often you go in and out during the night, which in my case, once in bed that's it. Otherwise I love mine, more useful than I ever imagined it would be when I first clapped eyes on my Albert 4 years ago in the same place as yours was from :D

I also believe the heated windscreen came fitted, otherwise I would agree with @WelshGas , unnecessary when using the heater.

Great stuff! See you on the road!
Thanks @GrannyJen

It's the one on the forecourt that turned us onto the colour... Never in a million years did I think I'd order anything "beige"! We got a new one though as the OH wanted big chunky wheels

Look forward to seeing you & Albert on the road

Thanks @GrannyJen

It's the one on the forecourt that turned us onto the colour... Never in a million years did I think I'd order anything "beige"! We got a new one though as the OH wanted big chunky wheels

Look forward to seeing you & Albert on the road

Anthracite cascavel wheels as I remember.

I don't know where you are in relation to eurovans but if anywhere near the South coast (Worthing) and need a walk through then I'm happy to help.

Anthracite cascavel wheels as I remember.

I don't know where you are in relation to eurovans but if anywhere near the South coast (Worthing) and need a walk through then I'm happy to help.
Thanks Jen, we're in Kent but I'm sure we'll be passing your way before long