Bike rack... Clamp stolen or vibrated loose

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I noticed this evening that I'm missing the bottom drivers side clamp assembly that holds the Kylie rack to my T6.
Perhaps has been stolen (half a job) or vibrated loose (horrible to think).

The passenger side clamp assembly is shown (the black brace, the hex head screws and the rod it passes through.... Have all gone. The black brace has the number 935195 stamped on it, but is 'handed' so the I'll need the other one.
IMG_20190412_233656.jpg
Does anyone have access to a bike rack diagram that would help me prepare for my conversation with the parts depot?

I wouldn't be surprised if the parts are shared with the T5 rack, but that's a guess.

Any help appreciated!
I think I'll be looking at security bolts in the future. The bikes are not valuable so if it was theft, they were after the rack.

Its ridiculous, I have a manual with all the parts listed, I needed to get a new top bracket as it got damaged during delivery by the courier, I failed no parts available...

^ interesting.

I’ve had a ring around this morning. West Yorkshire van centre gave me the part number but didn’t seem hopeful they could get one. Tried Manchester who said it was on back order, could probably get one but sounded a little vague. Tried Liverpool who confirmed they were on back order but could see that had some in Germany, so suggested it would be around 7-10 days, and offered to post it out to me (free post). I’ve paid him £20 for the clamp, bolt and steel rod and will await nervously a phone call to say it’s arrived.

Given the previous difficulty / refusal to supply parts for the rack, I’m less than confident, but fingers crossed!

For the record in case any others suffer the same problem, the part for the drivers side (uk) is 7e0 071 735 a

^ interesting.

I’ve had a ring around this morning. West Yorkshire van centre gave me the part number but didn’t seem hopeful they could get one. Tried Manchester who said it was on back order, could probably get one but sounded a little vague. Tried Liverpool who confirmed they were on back order but could see that had some in Germany, so suggested it would be around 7-10 days, and offered to post it out to me (free post). I’ve paid him £20 for the clamp, bolt and steel rod and will await nervously a phone call to say it’s arrived.

Given the previous difficulty / refusal to supply parts for the rack, I’m less than confident, but fingers crossed!

For the record in case any others suffer the same problem, the part for the drivers side (uk) is 7e0 071 735 a
Security Bolt and Loctite next time?

For anyone else who's been told that spares for the bike racks are unobtainable, do persist. Liverpool have got my spare part. It came in today with a bunch of new bike racks probably indicating that VW rely on the original supplier for spares... Which is logical.... and why many requests for parts are often shunned by parts departments.

Give me your VIN, I will check what is available. Not sure if the parts come apart.

I checked at VW and there are some spare parts for the bike rack.
I think this part is for sale separately. Must see a picture of the rack itself before I can be sure.

I checked at VW and there are some spare parts for the bike rack.
I think this part is for sale separately. Must see a picture of the rack itself before I can be sure.
I'm sorted now thanks, as I explained in my various posts, but thanks for the offer.
Kudos again to Liverpool who sent the part out by special delivery at no cost to me!

Good job. Glad we can help here on the forum. :thumb