Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack issue

NGC

NGC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I’ve bought a VW California Ocean, 2017 and it has a VW 4-bike rack fitted, my problem is it doesn’t have the extension arms fitted that secure the bikes to the rack and I can’t see how to get them on! Can anyone help or advise?

Do you mean you didn’t get them in the sale or you got them but they are not fitted to the rack? There’s lots of info and pictures on here how they go. Just need to make sure they are fitted the right way round. Only fit the amount of bars you need .

I think you can buy them as a separate item.

To fit the extension arm, unscrew the knurled wheel all the way and you’ll find you can take off the plastic ring at the other end of the arm which then splits in 2. You hook it around the bar and then reassemble, tightening the knurled wheel to apply tension which tightens the plastic ring onto the bar.

if the knurled wheel just spins without unscrewing, then it is the “locked“ position and you need to unlock it.

Last edited:
Do you mean you didn’t get them in the sale or you got them but they are not fitted to the rack? There’s lots of info and pictures on here how they go. Just need to make sure they are fitted the right way round. Only fit the amount of bars you need .
I did get them but they’re just not fitted to the rack and I can’t figure out how they go on!
I think you can buy them as a separate item.

To fit the extension arm, unscrew the knurled wheel all the way and you’ll find you can take off the plastic ring at the other end of the arm which then splits in 2. You hook it around the bar and then reassemble, tightening the knurled wheel to apply tension which tightens the plastic ring onto the bar.

if the knurled wheel just spins without unscrewing, then it is the “locked“ position and you need to unlock it.
cheers I’ll give that a go

Back