Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi I want to fit a VW bike rack to my T6 Cali. Can anyone tell me if this makes the tailgate difficult to lift. Also does the tailgate stay up or do stronger struts need to be installed?

My rack with standard struts stays up with two bikes on it. Don't open the tailgate with bikes on it with the raising roof up! Turning the handle bars 90 degrees while on the rack avoids this problem.
C30FDD21-E82C-494D-8386-0E61A6403812.jpeg

With an empty bike rack it should stay up. As you load more bikes the less likely it is to stay up.

We use a plasterers ceiling plasterboard prop to keep the tailgate open when fully loaded.

With an empty bike rack it should stay up. As you load more bikes the less likely it is to stay up.

We use a plasterers ceiling plasterboard prop to keep the tailgate open when fully loaded.
Cheers for that. I was more worried about it staying up with no bikes on. before the Cali I had a conversion and the tailgate never stayed up properly

Cheers for that. I was more worried about it staying up with no bikes on. before the Cali I had a conversion and the tailgate never stayed up properly

In cold weather, mine sometimes drops with no bikes if I have a lot of gear stuffed in with the picnic chairs.