Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BLACK OIL

N

nottsknight

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I recently had a 20k service on the Cali at VW Beeston Nottingham, and after a drive home of 5 miles I checked to see what the oil was like. I was horrified that the oil was black - surely this is not right and I wondered if the dealer actually changed the oil. Unfortunately I did not mark the filter, so I also do not know whether or not they changed the unit - can we trust garages any more? Any views?

Black oil is normal even after 2-3km. Rub some oil between your fingertips. If it feels smooth it's been changed. If not, it hasn't.

The oil in a diesel engine goes black very quickly and is perfectly normal.
Do as Fred has said as a check, if you are worried.

I always change the oil once a year, not withstanding the indicated service period.

Alan

Also after about 500 miles the MFD Service display will tell you how long to next oil change. It does this by electrically /electronically measuring the conductivity of the oil compared to the Milage covered . So if they haven't changed oil - then you would get an alarm etc.

What? You'll be telling us your brake discs have gone rusty next

Thanks for input - appreciated - nice to see there are some comedians. Did'nt know about the electrical resistance used by the MFD !! All this new to me - I don't have all this bother with my Harley Breakout !!

What are brake discs?

I just use the car in front to help me slow down :oops:

What are brake discs?

I just use the car in front to help me slow down :oops:
Enough said!

Didn't you use a boulder as well to automatically deflate the 2 front tyres as well?

Thanks for input - appreciated - nice to see there are some comedians. Did'nt know about the electrical resistance used by the MFD !! All this new to me - I don't have all this bother with my Harley Breakout !!
The MFD Service Info will not be displayed until you have done 500 miles until then the display just
shows - - -

Oil will change colour quickly as it will collect the residuals of the last oil.
I've used Imperial VW Beeston a few times now and have to say they are very good. They've done my oil service, cambelt and brakes.

OK thanks - looks like I'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt - cheers