Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackberry metallic or not ?

My wife and I have recently been to have a good look at the showroom (we have not ordered yet). Both of us had our heads turned by the arresting and rather lovely Blackberry. We discussed it at the time and agreed, stunning when new and clean, but...
I guess if you have a commercial pressure washer at home where you won't be rubbing micro scratches into the lacquer and are prepared to put a bit more work into cleaning than with one of the more neutral colours, it would be lovely to live with and more 'personal'. The re-sale value is an issue and would expect the neutrals to be quicker to sell. If you are going to have it for a long time then that is not so much an issue.
My wife's car is metallic black and mine v dark metallic blue, we are happy to work at keeping them smart.
Wishing you happy times in your VW whatever the colour.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Blimey. I think you have made me want a BB! I was not even considering it until you had doubts! Now I have doubts about not having had any doubt. Hmmm...

some will want a Blackberry
some will not

end of the day it is the buyer choice (or the buyers other 1/2) Love it or hate it it is a cali

Back to your question ,So Simon have you decided yet?

Ours is blackberry on a 15 plate and love it . The colour gets so many comments. As with any dark colour it does show the dirt , but as we have 2 kids and it's a daily drive Ho hum ! They had one in the show room and we loved it. Shame the VW sales man ordered it in night blue by mistake. Interesting chat at pick up that one - email trail is everything !

We are awaiting our Blackbury ocean T6 in February. Loved the colour in the showroom as soon as we saw it. We originally wanted white and were adamant that was the colour. Until our heads were turned...... can't wait!

We are awaiting our Blackbury ocean T6 in February. Loved the colour in the showroom as soon as we saw it. We originally wanted white and were adamant that was the colour. Until our heads were turned...... can't wait!

So documented proof that some do turn to the dark side. ;)

We had a blackberry last year and although we loved the colour we would not buy it again for the same reasons above, nightmare to keep clean (especially on muddy Devon roads) and shows up every little scratch. Next Cali I will probably be going back to grey.

View attachment 16425
Well Martin, having bought said van from you because I desperately wanted a blackberry, I still love it and would have that colour again. It still looks just as good as the picture and when out and about the first question I am asked is "Whose conversion is that?" Followed by "I love the colour". So a yes blackberry vote from me.

Just replaced (ordered) our next Cali and gone for a BB one who would have thought it.

Have the colour you like, Blackberry is a lovely colour for a Cali, your choice

the only trouble is our jackyard seat covers in blue and orange will need replacing as they will not match with BLACKBERRY

I must admit when I first saw this colour I did not like it but I must admit it has certainly grown on me.

We ordered our 14 plate 180 DSG in Blackberry and as a colour we have loved it ,it really does have the wow factor and for a campervan it is also a fun colour .In terms of resale I'm sure it will get a premium for its rarity as it is not as common as the grey's silvers and beige which the play safe brigade go for and are in abundance. I would not choose Blackberry for a normal saloon/Suv but for a campervan then I still think it is one of the best colours,I would have chosen it again for our new T6 apart from it feeling like we hadn't changed vans ,so went for the oryx white imho of course

It looks beautiful!.... really excited we picking our Blackberry T6 tomorrow. Seeing yours has made me know it was definitely the right colour choice!... stunning!..... liking the chrome on it.

I think Blackberry is a fantastic colour. Yes it might be a bit harder to keep clean but when it is clean it will be fantastic. I prefer dark metallics for that very reason. There are some excellent sealants on the market some you just spray on after cleaning and jet wash off. It is then just a matter of a quick dry with a towel and it done.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
I think Blackberry is a fantastic colour. Yes it might be a bit harder to keep clean but when it is clean it will be fantastic. I prefer dark metallics for that very reason. There are some excellent sealants on the market some you just spray on after cleaning and jet wash off. It is then just a matter of a quick dry with a towel and it done.
Ceramic coating would be a good idea

Our Blackberry T5 gets frequent compliments and admiring comments. A classic colour. Blends in quietly when stealth camping. The colour alone was the factor in me being allowed to up the budget by 10K when we purchased. Dont regret this colour for a moment.

And, all the village think so too!

Back