Lead us not into temptation!

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
We called in at North Wales Volkswagen today to get the pump replaced in the fresh water tank. We were there about an hour and a half - surrounded by tempting new vans!

I tried to ignore them and sat in the waiting area drinking coffee and reading Top Gear Magazine. Mrs reading Ideal Home and getting fancy ideas. So eventually we got bored with the mags and drifted over to the new 204 DSG in the showroom ....

IMG_1079.jpg

It was in Blackberry, but looked very dark in the showroom. The chrome detailing looked great and our own van parked outside looked very dull in comparison. I noticed that the bellows was slack on one side, and as reported in other threads the material was quite translucent but appeared to be good quality. I don't think the light colour of the awning rail goes with the Blackberry, it would have been better in black.

Tempted? Slightly, but only 2wd and no sat nav. The sat nav wouldn't bother me that much, but just look at the price - £63,240!! :shocked :shocked
IMG_1078.jpg
Oh - note the swivelling front seats!

There were a lot of commercial vans on display, and every one was discounted quite heavily. Nothing off the Californias though!

And this was on display outside ...
IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg
Strangely, it didn't look all that good in the flesh, but looking at the photos now it looks better :) (It is a Caravelle btw)

The interior was rather natty, in leather with colour keyed dash ...
IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

There were several other Oceans and Beaches parked up in the compound, but fortunately our van was now ready, sparing us any further temptation. :D

Amen.

I get terribly tempted, especially now Albert is getting very rattly...

but after 1600 miles in France in the last week I know which side my bread is buttered...

I just need to get a couple of rattles sorted and then Albert, who I have known and loved for 32,000 miles, will still be the best thing since sliced bread in my life.

That Blackberry something may look nice, it may be a dog on four wheels and give huge amounts of problems, I know what I have and what I have is the best companion in my life....

That Blackberry something may look nice, it may be a dog on four wheels and give huge amounts of problems
Those thoughts went through my head, already the roof obviously needs sorting as it's sinking on one side. :(

Better the devil?

Breeze also have a red and white Caravalle in.

Having spent last week at Eskdale I was admiring a LWB 2006 T5 conversion which was finished in two tone. Thought it looked quite smart and toyed again with wrapping the lower half of BUG.

Back