Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blacking out front grill

Roc1

Roc1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all

Am looking at getting a candy white Cali and wondered if anyone has blacked out the front grill and badge on theirs? How does it look? Thought it could look good on the white van.

Thanks!

Ive missed the part where i see if its a T5 T5.1 T6 T6.1 :)

Obviously you can buy the grills in gloss and matt black, also the vw emblem
but i don't know if anyone one here has done it themselves on a T6.

Hello Roc1
There are a lot of „dip-vid“ on yt like this one:
However I would go the way [mention]westfalia [/mention] mentioned: Buy black grill.

I also have a Candy White T6 California (2019). I have ordered a black front badge which is easy enough to replace but I would also like to get rid of the Chrome bars on the grille. Does anyone know if they can be removed easily and replaced - I’d really like to blacken the lower one and have the middle one coloured blue. Most of the grill replacements available are all high gloss - which won’t match the lower grill - and need to have the whole front bumper removed which seems a bit much and potentially expensive - not something I would want to do myself. Any ideas / advice appreciated.

changed the upper grill and lower (dog bone shape) grill. Took me 8 hours. A lot of swearing and hard graft. It’s doable on the drive. You need many different trim removal tools to help you. I have 8 different kinds. Whilst the bumper was off I installed LazerLamps 6.1 grill lamps.
See pics below.255ED862-6FB3-4BBB-9077-BE97B191EBCF.jpeg

2BB82C67-56EC-4314-AEE5-D32CD3A59A9A.jpeg