Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front grill removal

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
Does anybody know how to remove the front grill? I have removed the top pinlocks but can't get the bottom part to move. Is it held in place by some hidden screws?
Thanks

What year van do you have... the operation is a little different for pre and post facelifts?

Rgds
M

on the t4 forum it has a few pictures and says to remove the top screws and then pull the bottom of the grill forwards and this will release it but ive not done it so don't know if this is correct or not, I do know that removing the bumper is quite a long job with many screws

I've read that too, but when I try it doesn't want to budge. Don't want to break it as we're away soon.

Yup... description sounds right.

I've not personally done it on a facelift but on the prefacelift you need to pull VERY hard along the bottom... you will hear cracks and bangs that no one wants to hear from their van as you pull the barbed clips out... but it'll get there.

I've done it a few times and it still scares me every time.

Not for the feint hearted or light handed.

undo the top pins, then pull out sharply at the bottom of the grill

Watched somebody do it in about 10 seconds the other day. Seemed quite easy. First drive over a tree stump, panic, then reverse off, job done. Mind you that was a Transporter.

that's what I did , well I didn't panic, didn't notice until the bumper came off, paniced at the £650 price though