Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blower fan resistor

Trollhunter

Trollhunter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,
My dashboard cabin fan has a life of its own, sometimes blowing, sometimes not reacting when turning the knob, but has always at least worked and blown hot air. Today however, out in the cold it suddenly stopped working completely, had to drive with the windows open to keep it from misting up... icy cold!
Checked all the fuses, found no problem... then when I got home it suddenly decided to work again!?!? Does this point toward the blower resistor? I put in a new fan last year so I don't think that's the problem, but I didn't change the resistor at the same time. If so is it just the green thing attached to the fan?

Cheers

If the resistor goes, you normally only get max or none, but it could conceivably have developed a dry connection, as could the control.

Replaced fan motor resistor in my cali about 6 weeks ago, bought it from just campers, now working ok. Yes it is the green thing.

If the resistor goes, you normally only get max or none, but it could conceivably have developed a dry connection, as could the control.
Ok thanks, would a dry connection mean I need to change anything out or is that just something that may come and go? As turning the blower control dial does not always increase or decrease the fan setting, could the fault be in the actual control unit on the dashboard (are there some connections behind that I could check)?

Replaced fan motor resistor in my cali about 6 weeks ago, bought it from just campers, now working ok. Yes it is the green thing.
Cheers, I may just shift it out just incase as it does not look like a too expensive/difficult thing to do

Back