Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blue and white Ocean ... Costco Trafford Park

S

soldana

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Spotted a very nice blue & white T6 Ocean next to ours a couple of weeks ago. Amazingly, I then saw the very same van a few days later coming off the M6 at J19, heading for Manchester!

IMG_20210817_200729211.jpg

As an old boy who worked with VW in the early 70’s and saw many type 2’s roll of the production line in Dublin, the new Mark T5 and 6 do not suit themselves to the classic 60/70’s split paint job. The body lines are wrong. I was behind a new van today in Tesco Enniskillen (NI) with bright white top and sky blue bottom and it left me cold. My 08 T5 (65000 miles) in metallic gray looks far better but that’s my opinion and my granddaughter of 13 keeps reminding me that I’m an old fart but she wants my Cali in my will! Little minx.....

As an old boy who worked with VW in the early 70’s and saw many type 2’s roll of the production line in Dublin, the new Mark T5 and 6 do not suit themselves to the classic 60/70’s split paint job. The body lines are wrong. I was behind a new van today in Tesco Enniskillen (NI) with bright white top and sky blue bottom and it left me cold. My 08 T5 (65000 miles) in metallic gray looks far better but that’s my opinion and my granddaughter of 13 keeps reminding me that I’m an old fart but she wants my Cali in my will! Little minx.....
It's definatly a different beast... I can't quite work out why but I guess it's a lot to do with the flat front / rear engine, with higher windows, smaller wheels, all making it work on the old stuff... ?

I've tried playing around with Photoshop to make the classic orange white combo from the T2 days, and nothing I do makes it look good on the T6 !

I like the new vans in a duo paint scheme but think the problem in the UK is the lack of colour choice from VW.

The colour choices are one thing, although you can always get it wrapped somewhere.

Wonder if all those cool orange/white or blue/white vans from the T1 / T2 times were out of the factory like that?

My inspiration toy been on my desk for years, soon to finally become reality (well, a new one)

20210828_102600.jpg

Back