Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth connected but Intermittent audio.

matt_wood

matt_wood

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I've been having an Intermittent problem with the audio over bluetooth on my T6 which has been going on for years and I'd really like to get the bottom of it. It seems to be pot luck as to whether it'll work each time. Phone shows as connected on stereo, an audio track shows on the stereo as playing but no sound comes out sometimes, same for phone calls and satnav. Has anyone else experienced this? or better still fixed it. It has a habit of not working at really inconvenient times. It's gone off suddenly during a drive a few times but normally its a roll of the dice when I first get in the van and set off as to whether it'll work. I've searched the forum and there's some talk of resetting the blue tooth module I'm not sure exactly where that is on my van so any advice on that would be appreciated. I suspect a bad connection.

It's nothing stupid like the volume being to low as I've cranked that up on both the phone and the stereo I've tried re pairing the phone as well several times. The van speakers work fine on radio all the time.

I've been having an Intermittent problem with the audio over bluetooth on my T6 which has been going on for years and I'd really like to get the bottom of it. It seems to be pot luck as to whether it'll work each time. Phone shows as connected on stereo, an audio track shows on the stereo as playing but no sound comes out sometimes, same for phone calls and satnav. Has anyone else experienced this? or better still fixed it. It has a habit of not working at really inconvenient times. It's gone off suddenly during a drive a few times but normally its a roll of the dice when I first get in the van and set off as to whether it'll work. I've searched the forum and there's some talk of resetting the blue tooth module I'm not sure exactly where that is on my van so any advice on that would be appreciated. I suspect a bad connection.

It's nothing stupid like the volume being to low as I've cranked that up on both the phone and the stereo I've tried re pairing the phone as well several times. The van speakers work fine on radio all the time.
I have this problem intermittently with my RNS510 and have never been able to figure out why. But, I have noticed there is a delay in lowering the radio volume automatically when receiving audio route instructions from Google maps on my iphone, so that by the time the volume lowers the audio instruction has already passed. Frustrating.

If i do find the answer to my problem I will post it here as I've found the answer to many an issue on this forum. My van is due for a service so maybe I'll get it looked at whilst its in for that. Although it will no doubt magically start working again then just to annoy me.

I haven't found the bluetooth module either yet. So far I looked under both seats. I suspect its somewhere behind the dash.

I thought I'd post an update to this as I think I found a solution. When I got the van serviced a few months ago the dealer updated the firmware on the stereo free of charge to the latest version. Since then the audio has worked perfectly via bluetooth every time for the last 10 weeks.

Back