Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rcd310 bluetooth calls & audio?

B

Bigbud

VIP Member
Hey guys, the wife and I are going to buy a beach 62 plate tomorrow And need some advice on the stereo.

It's got the multi function steering wheel and a 310 with dab but the o/h will really miss the bluetooth our current audi has and ipod connection.

Can we get bluetooth added to the 310 that will take calls and display call info and phone book? All I can find is that it won't display on head unit?

Also if we can will it stream music from the iPhone/android or will we need an ipod connection as well?

Thanks Jim.

Re: Rcd310 bluetooth calls & audio?

Also sorry for not yet introducing ourselves but it's not a done deal and don't want to tempt fate :-D

Hello and welcome. Good luck for tomorrow!!

Yes you can add these at a later date, companies such as Hazzy Dayz will do it for you.

Any idea about the cost ?

As I understand it the phone over Bluetooth cant be controlled by the Steering wheel or stereo so the ipod connection would be better but to be honest for the price of thed Ipod connection Im thinking the RCD 510 with bluetooth would do us with mp3's on disk or ssd.

:crazy

What handset are you looking to connect?

iPhone is not rSAP so you have limited functionality compared to an rSAP phone however you would have full and complete enough functionality of the iPhone - If that makes sense :laugh2

With an iPhone or other non rSAP phone you can almost everything you'd need except reading text messages on the dash or radio.

stu

sorry for thread hijack...

i have a rcd 310 in my cali. I have the mfsw as well.

1. what do i need to get bluetooth for my phone

2. what do i need to connect my iphone to the stereo for spotify etc?

cost of the above...?

Alternatives?

Hi jim you can get a310 with phone and audio via bluetooth factory fitted so many be best checkout if it's already been done before buying any thing

Back