Bonnet Wrap

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi All,

If all goes well I will collect my Cali next week, my intention is to clear wrap the bonnet with a product called Llumar, has any member used this product or similar and what results.

Cheers

What´s the going rate for wrapping a bonnet ?

It sounds welsh :)
If you get a stone chip on the wrap will it penetrate
the wrap and if so, how is that repaired ?

What´s the going rate for wrapping a bonnet ?

It sounds welsh :)
If you get a stone chip on the wrap will it penetrate
the wrap and if so, how is that repaired ?
Apparently stone chips I guess none serious are self healing or hot air gun.
Having mine done for £250 + VAT.

Hi breeze we now have a build week for our GC680 (week 3) and are considering wrapping the bottom half just noticed this old post did you go ahead and have your bonnet wrapped ? If so who did you use.

Hi breeze we now have a build week for our GC680 (week 3) and are considering wrapping the bottom half just noticed this old post did you go ahead and have your bonnet wrapped ? If so who did you use.
Hi Mark C what is your location
Out of interest when did you order.
Will

Morning Will ordered 17th November and we live just outside Birmingham

Morning Will ordered 17th November and we live just outside Birmingham
Morning Mark,

I used a very good company in Southampton, and very pleased, they have done a few members on here.

Wow ordered on the 17th November and build week 3 fantastic, did it take long to get conformation from VW after placing the order, I only ask as just placed an order for a 680.

I had mine wrapped with a clear protective film nearly two years ago. It’s pretty tough and no stones have pierced it or marked it in any way. Not sure what make it was though but I imagine the protective films are all similar. Unless you look very carefully you can’t tell it’s been wrapped at all.

That’s great thank you, dealer has been very good asked for update last week and was sent a screenshot of the order which contained pretty much everything as far as I could tell.

Thanks Keith good to know worth spending the money

That’s great thank you, dealer has been very good asked for update last week and was sent a screenshot of the order which contained pretty much everything as far as I could tell.
Thanks Mark,

Forgot to mention also had the van ceramic coated, expensive but well worth it when you come to wash it.

Back