Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Book - The Camper Van Coast

A

Anonymous

Guest User
I bought this book yesterday as an impulse buy from WH Smiths. It's copyrighted 2012 and I haven't seen it before.

It is the offspring of the Camper Van Cookbook with recipes for a 2 ring hob; but also includes a bit of a travel guide as well as giving hints, tips and rcommendations for activities and locations.

I am really enjoying it at the mo, and it has insipred me a bit with some recipes.

The ISBN for anyone's interest is: 978-1-444-70394-8.

It was £14.99 off the shelf (it had £2 off), or alternatively (as I have just found out) from £10.53 off Amazon.

Yes Luke -

Martin Dorey's original book The Camper Van Cookbook is also a excellent book as it is more than just a cookbook, it also cover's camper-van life. :D

Interesting to see your post as I saw this book, his second book, on Amazon. :thumb

Looks like one to put on my Christmas list although that's a long way off. :?

Just read the Camper Van cookbook and it is good. Some of the stuff makes me cringe a bit (especially the "lifestyle" surfing stuff!) but overall it's been very handy for knowing what to pack and some of the recipes are useful.

Will look up the above book too!

Had a lovely time by the coast today in ours:

DSC_0108.JPG

25 minutes from home!

Love the photo, you've just made me very jealous as I've been at work today, I'm glad the weather cheered up for you today.

We had an awful drive back... Left Cornwall yesterday at 2.30pm and arrived home at 11pm with 2 pit stops (only 240 miles).

Both the weather and traffic were truly bad, the only saving grace was the Cali.

High driving position meant I could look well ahead over the rest of the traffic.
Extra space meant wife, 3 children and dog had enough space to stop the usual fights!
Privacy Glass meant my wife was able to feed our 8 week old in peace and privacy.

Now to go shopping for all those missing items:

Cover for roof.
Awning tent.
Carpets.
Pillows (yes i've been convinced!)
Roof rack for Sea Kayak.
And a camper cookery book!

What else did I miss?

Back