Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't bode well. In fact it is quite shocking. The Prime Minister's boundless optimism should help.
Although he may have been admitted to ITU with less severe disease than usual, as a precaution, considering he is the prime minister - in which case we might expect better odds in his case. Only time will tell.

Also the figures are % of outcomes (more detail in the document) not a personalised risk.

So reports in some of the tabloids ("Boris has 50/50 chance") are, in my view, misleading and over-sensationalised.

Last edited:
So pleased Boris is out, still some recovery thou - He needs to relax and take care of himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It must have been those wonder drugs that The Donald had sent over for him.
Does that now mean that the Donald is a international narcotic trafficker and if the prime minister used the Donald’s drugs he’s now in his pocket. Scary thought huh lol

Does that now mean that the Donald is a international narcotic trafficker and if the prime minister used the Donald’s drugs he’s now in his pocket. Scary thought huh lol

To be fair I'm not sure hydroxychloroquine would be classed as a narcotic (although if you're into anti-malarials you can get quite off your head on Lariam, not usually in a good way).

I note that Donald Trump is sending Britain 200 ventilators, while sending none to other beleaguered European nations. Is this an act of charity or a cynical attempt to further drive a wedge between the UK and its European neighbours?

I’m not the greatest fan of Boris but thank God he hasn’t popped his clogs. The void would be un-fillable with the current talent.

As you said to me, agree on both counts :)

I think his illness and ICU-ing for a spell will have helped to make it dawn on a minority of the public who still don't think this whole thing is something that happens to real people, that is it.

Very good news. And I slept through the night. Last 3 preceding nights I've been awake between 3am and 6am. For what reason, I dont know?

Bliss to wake up this morning, see daylight, look at the watch and see 7.30am.

I note that Donald Trump is sending Britain 200 ventilators, while sending none to other beleaguered European nations. Is this an act of charity or a cynical attempt to further drive a wedge between the UK and its European neighbours?
I don't think so.

German army donates 60 ventilators as UK scrambles for equipment

No, personally, ‘wishing Boris Johnson well’ isn’t on my list of priorities. I’m not sure what good it would do anyway: is he a subscriber?

Or are you, in fact, making a wider political point, doing your little all to rally support around a divisive prime minister while ostensibly disavowing politics? Oh God... GrannyJen, you’re not really Dominic Cummings are you?

No, personally, ‘wishing Boris Johnson well’ isn’t on my list of priorities. I’m not sure what good it would do anyway: is he a subscriber?

Or are you, in fact, making a wider political point, doing your little all to rally support around a divisive prime minister while ostensibly disavowing politics? Oh God... GrannyJen, you’re not really Dominic Cummings are you?
I wish everyone well that is affected by this deadly disease. It shouldn’t matter what anyone’s political beliefs are at a time like this, what should matter is that we should all be able to set aside any differences, be compassionate and support each In such horrendous times.

WTF?

So! 4 posts on the forum.

First one,

“First post, but not my first visit. Grateful for all the advice on this forum, as well as the friendly vibe.”

Two about bikes then this.

As above WTF?

Mike

I raised a totally non-political thread to allow members of this forum to express their best wishes to the leader of a country going through it's greatest crisis since 1939.

I asked that politics be left out of it.

You are new to this forum and therefore have no experience of the multiplicity of threads that in recent years have been tarnished by political squabbling to the detriment of much of the membership,: why I asked for this thread to be kept free of the sort of post that you have just made.

We have many other threads where the sort of political discussion you seek by that post can be raised. I suggest you look in the sin-bin, the Three cocks section, or other corona virus threads and allow this thread to continue untarnished.

@PaulM
If you took the the time to pause and think perhaps you'd not have posted that?
Could you imagine for one moment having the virus, wondering if you'll pull through your stint in intensive care and you have 2 choices....nobody gives a monkeys about you or even people you don't know are wishing you the best.
Your comment gives a snapshot of what's wrong with society.

By the way, I clap for the NHS every Thursday. Not because it will pay them, protect them or help them go about their job but to join in the appreciation shown by many. Not the top of my priority but it's as simple as wishing Boris well.....an extremely easy gesture from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back