Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bottom of front bumper has popped out. Easy Fix???

S

SimonMc

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I noticed this this afternoon on the front bumper, right hand side.
I don’t know whether I’ve caught something or
if someone has hit me.
26f43bd8c766db79fa2ce25de0285a4a.jpg
Anyway the bottom part has popped out and is too low (compared to the good side). Has anyone had similar to this? Can I fiddle and push it back in myself or will it need a visit to a body shop or VW garage? It’s a T6 Ocean and I’m currently on holiday in France.
Thanks, Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally those parts sort of slide/click into each other.
You could try to tap firmly while holding the other side.
But first look at all the tabs if they are aligned. One or two may be out of place.
Take a good look from all directions, and pull them a little apart first to see if anything is not well aligned.

This happened to our golf. They click together on the golf, it looks the same as on the Cali.As mentioned I checked everything was lined up and pushed or tapped them back in using the heel of my hand/palm. When lined up they clicked is quite easily. For one I had to also pull it from behind. Hope that helps a bit.

I popped into a body shop a couple of days ago and the guy there helped pop it back together. However the bottom light holder is loose and he thinks someone has hit the bumper from the side. Anyway looks better for the moment and no charge for his time and advice.
Simon

Good to hear it is back in place.
Too bad that man will be right.
If you hit the front of the bumper from the side, all will pop out, and will indeed tear the fixing points of the light, because that is much stiffer plastic, and doesn't bend, but breaks! :sad

Back