Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Guying Tie Down Kit for T6 Awning

Bill R

Bill R

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
image.jpeg
So after seeking help with you lovely people with my stuck awning the other day, the Camping Noob is confused again.
I bought this kit to tie down said awning.
There is metal tensioner at one end of the rope, which creates the adjustable loop that goes round the peg.
Any other guy ropes I have seen just involved the other end being put through whatever loop was on the tent/awning and tied but this kit has a metal ring attached to the rope - see photo
Simple question - what do I do with this ?
I'm assuming it's not a free Beer Bottle opener
Bill

View attachment 31068
So after seeking help with you lovely people with my stuck awning the other day, the Camping Noob is confused again.
I bought this kit to tie down said awning.
There is metal tensioner at one end of the rope, which creates the adjustable loop that goes round the peg.
Any other guy ropes I have seen just involved the other end being put through whatever loop was on the tent/awning and tied but this kit has a metal ring attached to the rope - see photo
Simple question - what do I do with this ?
I'm assuming it's not a free Beer Bottle opener
Bill
Should be a “S” type hook to connect the two.

Those eyelets are there to hook over the pegs imo.
They are at the end of the rope aren't they?

Edit : looks like it from a google search
View attachment 31092
Yea I had thought that at first but then thought the tensioner had to be at the peg end but I guess it doesn’t matter so I’m thinking that’s it
:cheers

View attachment 31091

Hi
This is the entire contents of the pack, no sign of this hook !
Is that piece of string supposed to stop the awning blowing away? Doesn’t look up to the job! As HC says, the Thule would be more suitable.

Is that piece of string supposed to stop the awning blowing away? Doesn’t look up to the job! As HC says, the Thule would be more suitable.
Bigger isn’t always better. If the cord is of Parachute quality it could have a very high breaking strain, 500 Kgms or thereabouts.

The line could be quality but the way it is tightend to that alu ring it would probally won't take long before the edge of that ring cuts the rope.
Brandrup makes good stuff , i'm all in to Brandrup but think they got thisone wrong.

The line could be quality but the way it is tightend to that alu ring it would probally won't take long before the edge of that ring cuts the rope.
Maybe if the guy was threaded through and tied in a loop, but much less likely secured with a stopper knot.

When I haven't had my awning anchored down with a driveaway awning, I've pegged it with two pegs at each support leg at slightly different angles. The biggest problem then is properly tensioning the canopy, so to tension the canopy I use a normal guy tied to the top of each leg pegged out.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Maybe if the guy was threaded through and tied in a loop, but much less likely secured with a stopper knot.

When I haven't had my awning anchored down with a driveaway awning, I've pegged it with two pegs at each support leg at slightly different angles. The biggest problem then is properly tensioning the canopy, so to tension the canopy I use a normal guy tied to the top of each leg pegged out.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
The tricky bit is to put the awning away when the wind gets above 25 mph, all the pegs have to be removed and then the whole thing is vulnerable to a gust whilst you are winding away, anyone got a foolproof procedure?

The tricky bit is to put the awning away when the wind gets above 25 mph, all the pegs have to be removed and then the whole thing is vulnerable to a gust whilst you are winding away, anyone got a foolproof procedure?

... two people job.

Ww have this kit and it works great... though I was also confused when we first got it as no instructions!! You need to untie one on the knots and thread through the hole in the grey triangle then re-knot. Then slide the triangle onto the rail on the end of the awning. Large silver rings hook over pegs in ground. Small metal rings are for tentioning the rope.... slide it through a bit to get you started before you peg the line. If you still can't figure it out give me a shout and i will do a pic of it set up.

Back