Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Isotop IV Fitting Kit

Dr-Snickers

Dr-Snickers

Kate
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I recently bought a preloved Isotop IV from a a fellow forum member and needed both the loop tape and front/rear tabs to fit it.

Having looked at DIY options, I also contacted Brandrup who said a fitting kit was available to purchase through one of their UK distributors.

It finally arrived today and the part number written on it is 100 701 066. Thought people might want to know in case they need to get hold of one.

Unfortunately the club shop weren’t able to help me on this one and I had to order through the other distributor :rolleyes:. Apologie for my heresy!

It came to £50.88 inc vat and delivery. Not cheap but there again the DIY option was going to cost around £40 with proper 3M tape and I still had to make the tabs, so I decided the genuine kit was well worth the extra money!

Brandrup do fitting kits for their other options too, they just need to know which model of vehicle you have. Hope it helps someone.

72E7BFC6-ACF4-4B17-96F8-A4A3CFB3F460.jpeg

E2548CCC-976B-42A5-AF50-4D3F23DF2E8D.jpeg

Can anyone advise if the fitting kits are the same for both model, I am replacing the older model for the new one (large opening).

Can anyone advise if the fitting kits are the same for both model, I am replacing the older model for the new one (large opening).
Are you putting a new isotop in a van that has previously had one?

If so you shouldn't need the kit, if you were not aware, if you are buying a new isotop, the fitting kit is already included.

You only need to buy one for fitting a pre-used top into a van that hasn't previously had an isotop.

I've just read your other post, the kit would be the same. You should now be in the perfect position of having the old isotop to sell along with an unused fitting kit to go with it.

Are you putting a new isotop in a van that has previously had one?

If so you shouldn't need the kit, if you were not aware, if you are buying a new isotop, the fitting kit is already included.

You only need to buy one for fitting a pre-used top into a van that hasn't previously had an isotop.

I've just read your other post, the kit would be the same. You should now be in the perfect position of having the old isotop to sell along with an unused fitting kit to go with it.
Thank you

I recently bought a preloved Isotop IV from a a fellow forum member and needed both the loop tape and front/rear tabs to fit it.

Having looked at DIY options, I also contacted Brandrup who said a fitting kit was available to purchase through one of their UK distributors.

It finally arrived today and the part number written on it is 100 701 066. Thought people might want to know in case they need to get hold of one.

Unfortunately the club shop weren’t able to help me on this one and I had to order through the other distributor :rolleyes:. Apologie for my heresy!

It came to £50.88 inc vat and delivery. Not cheap but there again the DIY option was going to cost around £40 with proper 3M tape and I still had to make the tabs, so I decided the genuine kit was well worth the extra money!

Brandrup do fitting kits for their other options too, they just need to know which model of vehicle you have. Hope it helps someone.

View attachment 73907

View attachment 73908
Hi, where about did you get the kit from ? Iv just purchased a second hand VI with the large opening. Was this the correct part number for that iso top ??

Thanks

Hi

I have a V rather than a VI, so can’t be sure. I got mine from Campervantastic as they are the only supplier who would order it for me. If you let them know which model you have, they will order the right fitting kit for you from Brandrup.

There are different types of Velcro for domestic and industrial use. You would need the Industrial type as the glue used is much more water and temperature resistant.

There are different types of Velcro for domestic and industrial use. You would need the Industrial type as the glue used is much more water and temperature resistant.
Went for some 3m Velcro. I’m not holding out much hope for it. Any ideas on some industrial spec stuff ?

As per previous posters, I've recently bought a pre-loved istop vi and am exploring fitting kit options. The official kit (which seems to be mostly 10mm velcro with some wipes & adhesion promoter) has risen to about £67 inc postage. I appreciate 'proper' velcro is quite expensive, but has anyone managed to source the necessary velcro (or equivalent) for significantly less than the official kit - and did it work?

(The pre-loved kit includes some or all of the velcro tabs, so I'm wondering if it's 'just' the long velcro strips I need for the top and bottom edges).

Last edited: