Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

brandrup plate holder ! opinions please

R

ROB

VIP Member
considering buying a brandrup plate holder, with postage approx £45

anyone got one they could give me feedback on please?

Works great, stops rattles, totally silly price, but so is most of Brandrup stuff, you can fit pots and frying pan in one cupboard section which is useful I only use 4 plates but its takes more.

IMG_0260.jpg

CA11VAN said:
Works great, stops rattles, totally silly price, but so is most of Brandrup stuff, you can fit pots and frying pan in one cupboard section which is useful I only use 4 plates but its takes more.

:oops: I never thought I'd be on a forum asking things like this but where did you get your pan set?

CA11VAN said:
http://www.smgvw.co.uk/brandrup

Steve will give you a discount.

Curtis

Thanks but I think even with a discount thats a bit rich for my blood. I know their stuff is good but if I want 3 pans and a frying pan, which I do, It will cost well over £100 :eek:

Rubbadub said:
CA11VAN said:

Curtis

Thanks but I think even with a discount thats a bit rich for my blood. I know their stuff is good but if I want 3 pans and a frying pan, which I do, It will cost well over £100 :eek:

Why will they cost over £100 ?? You can get pots & pans elsewhere !!

Andy said:
Rubbadub said:
CA11VAN said:

Curtis

The Brandup website listed the 3 pans with lids at 110 euros and the frying pan with lid at 55 euros + postage. Yes i could get them from SMG with 10% discount but they'll still be too much in my opinion as you can get alternative sets that will cost less than half that price and will probably last at least half as long.

Anyway, sorry for thread jumping.....this is supposed to be about plate holders :doh

Andy said:
Rubbadub said:
CA11VAN said:

Curtis

TK Max !
Ron.

We have the plate holder too. It is useful, not outstanding but handy.

I can't recall the name now but it's not actually a brandrup home grown product but a 3rd party German item. I think I may have posted details here before somewhere if you can find it on search.

You could try the Tefal Ingenio pan sets, they look similar. We have them in our Cali, and pack quite nicely. They sell them on amazon, but we got ours when we where in France a couple of years ago. The plate holder looks quite good, but I couldn't justify the price of £40/£45!

Pan and plate solution. We got these from Lakeland. They have removeable handles. We use just use the smallest 3 in the van. They are very good quality and reasonable light. We were fed up of "camping pans".
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/14844/Colourf ... ng-Pan-Set

Here is a picture of them in the van. We nest them with collapsible Bowls to stop rattles

e3umabas.jpg

Here is our solution to plates and cups. A sliding draw to make access easier. Slots for plates. All cups and bowls held in place with magnets.
ry8ape5y.jpg

Here with main draw push back and the cup/bowl draw opened.
sany2equ.jpg

The cheese grater and toaster you see on the wall of the units are also held in place with magnets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks amazingly neat compared to our mess! Not sure I follow how the plates etc are held in place by magnets?

Imagine how much Brandrup would charge for that sliding setup shown above???

Thanks. I assume you put one magnet in the cup/bowl and another underneath the wooden slide-out shelf? Looks like a good system. However, I think we'd have to think of something other than small magnets with a 1 year old!

Mark

Hi Mark,

the magnets are embedded in the shelf of the draw unit. ie 10mm hole drilled into the 3mm plywood base. Magnet inserted and held with Araldite glue on the underside.
On underside of the bowls and cups is a washer, again held in place with Araldite glue. The magnets are pretty strong. Even the 3mm by 10mm ones have a 1.8kg pull. Nearly two bags of sugar! of course that is for magnet-to-magnet and magnet-to-washer will be about 0.9kg pull. You can hold the units upside down and cups stay put.

Andy

Thanks Andy for the clarification.

I'm going to see what I can knock up when I get a chance. Your info and photos are certainly a good inspiration! Our cupboards tend to be a complete mess at the moment, with everything shoved in in a fairly random manner. This also creates the occasional bang while driving when something falls over!

Cheers
Mark