Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup seat covers and cabin squeak

PeteA

PeteA

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, we recently received our nice new Cali and only a few weeks later received news that we would be expecting twins! ...And so does anyone have any experience with brandrup seat covers for the rear bench and if they are compatible with an isofix system?

On another note we have also noticed a bit if "cabin creak" in the past few weeks. It sounds like it is coming from the rear passenger side near the wardrobe space. I took it in to one of the dealers and they were suggesting it could be the rubber seal of the pop top and that a rubber moisturiser might be the way to go. Has anyone had the same? And does the moisturiser really work?!

Cheers,

Pete.

Can't answer about the 'creak' but I do know moisturiser doesn't work on me!!!:embarrased

Don't know what the isofix system is or does , only thing i know is that the Brandrup covers are exellent and one can't tell the diffrence on with or without just by lookinh at it . Exact same color and perfect fit.
The seatbelt points are still reachable an can be used as normal , also ok for the side airbags in the seat if maybe thats what you mean...

I can't say for Brandrup but we use the Inka covers in ours with the baby seat on ISOFIX although we did swap back to a seatbelt fitment as the ISOFIX is a total pain to get to and as you have to take the seat out whenever you stop for the night it was getting to high levels of tourettes ! I would be tempted to also go for the base + seat combo - we did that as it means we can stick the base under the van at night or when we stop and the seat tucks into the passenger footwell when the seats are spun around. Doing two seats will be interesting ! Good luck
Ah i meant to say, to get the isofix through we had to unpick the stitching on the covers and then did a bit of nifty work with the sewing machine.

Hi Pete, congratulations and no, isofix on the 2 seater bench isn't affected by the Brandrup second skin seat covers. Mine don't have the isofix labels sewn in at the insertion points but as they're in line with the upholstery panels, it's not a problem. I guess with two isofix seats to regularly fit and refit, you'll soon be able to give us some tips. I will point out, since I didn't notice initially, that in the small print under the isofix table in the handbook it points out that connection on the 2 seater bench is only possible when the seat backrest is in the 3rd position (25 degree angle) after engaging isofix it gets put back to 1st position.

Linda

:D:D:D:DSorry, can't resist
I was just thinking that on a plus point, with twins on the way, you're days of hearing a squeak in the back are numbered

Good morning,

Brandrup second skin seat covers will not interfere with ISOFIX, they will be fine to fit.

Thanks

Congratulations:bananadance. Having had twins I wouldn't worry about the squeak, you need a trailer for the assorted buggies or a baby sitter! you might as well ditch the bed as well because you won't be getting much sleep.

I survived the first year by sleeping for 1 1/2 hours each way on the train to work & an hour at lunch time.

At least you have a car big enough to fit them all in, I had just taken delivery of a 911 turbo cabriolet when we found out we were having ours & had to change to a volvo estate.

Back