Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrupp carpet fitting?

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Main living area carpet. What’s the trick to getting the main lump of carpet under the bench seat drawer? Remove the drawer/seat?

No need to remove the drawer. Either open the drawer and try to pull it up away from the floor slightly and see if you can slide the carpet underneath. Alternatively, with the back edge of the carpet against the front of the drawer, move the bench seat fowards so it rolls over the carpet, then you should be able to tug it into place from behind the seat.

Hmmmm tried all of the above.

The drawer needs to come out so the centre floor roller isn’t fouling the carpet.

Next question, how is the drawer removed?

All done. Super simple. Two small self tappers in the front bottom of the drawer. Remove and lift drawer out.

Now, WTF is this big lump of foam?
IMG_6266.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg

The foam is your tool kit. Jack, wheel brace etc

I spent ages trying to get the drawer out, never saw the screws. Managed to fit it like Nick but it was a bit of a struggle. Really like it though, 8 years with a Cali and I can finally open the drawer unhindered by carpet.

I spent ages trying to get the drawer out, never saw the screws. Managed to fit it like Nick but it was a bit of a struggle. Really like it though, 8 years with a Cali and I can finally open the drawer unhindered by carpet.

I hope you didn’t make the same mistake as I did by buying the black version. Shows every speck of dust and dirt. Couldn’t find the grey version anywhere so had to have black but it’s a right pain if you like your van looking clean and tidy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you didn’t make the same mistake as I did by buying the black version. Shows every speck of dust and dirt. Couldn’t find the grey version anywhere so had to have black but it’s a right pain if you like your van looking clean and tidy!

Yup but then I bought form a forum member so choice was limited. £ was good.

Yes and we have a black and white long haired collie. A couple of nights away and it looked a bit of a mess but I can open the drawer

Fitted carpet lasted about three years, you'll need a 12v vacuum cleaner next to keep it clean, oh the looks my wife got in Portugal! A roll up rug from Dunelm is the best solution because it is machine washable

Back