Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandup flyout rear tailgate fitting

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I was wondering if any body has fitted the tailgate mosquito nets from Brandup ?and if so are there any tips or issues with them ,I am sure it is straight forward but the instructions don't seem that clear to me:headbang:help

Hi John,

I did have a look before posting but cannot find anything, apart from pictures of it already fitted.:(

My old van had one fitted, I never used it though.
Did fit the one on the sliding door, they are very good. Only problem I've had is, velcro lifting in the odd place. Make sure it's not to cold when fitting and you clean surface.
I still have the rear mossie net somewhere, if your looking to buy one?

I purchased the rear tailgate and side door flyout so don't need another one thanks. I take your point re it being cold when you apply it so a hairdryer ready, but when I offer up the net to the space in the tailgate it doesn't look like it fits correctly ? still, gonna give it a go:(

I think it sits back a bit as it has to miss seat bag and boot trim from what I can remember. Prob best to pencil mark round with boot shut, then your see where not to stick velcro.

My old van had one fitted, I never used it though.
Did fit the one on the sliding door, they are very good. Only problem I've had is, velcro lifting in the odd place. Make sure it's not to cold when fitting and you clean surface.
I still have the rear mossie net somewhere, if your looking to buy one?
I'd be interested in buying this if it'll fit a T6? Would I need to buy replacement Velcro bits for it?

Got mine fitted ok and they look great Nearly ready for our trip to France next monthP.s Detritus ,you would need new Velcro strips to refit a fly out

I'd be interested in buying this if it'll fit a T6? Would I need to buy replacement Velcro bits for it?
Hi
I will have a look later and see if I can find it, fly out was fitted to T5 (08) but I don't think the inside rear has changed. I purchased some velcro from Halfords when I fitted the side door fly out, and it done the job perfectly.

I bought one in Italy on a recent trip. Very easy to fit. Just make sure you use the different coloured Velcro in the correct place to blend in. Took maybe 10 minutes and I leave it rolled back next to the cupboard.

IMG_9001.JPG

Hi
I can't seem to find rear fly net at the mo, I know it's in the shed somewhere!
Will let you know if I find it.

Hi - I am also interested in the rear tailgate fly-net. Let me know if Detritus does not go ahead.

Kevin - 07870 777236

Hi - I am also interested in the rear tailgate fly-net. Let me know if Detritus does not go ahead.

Kevin - 07870 777236
Will give them a chance to reply, if they don't want it then will let you know.
Looking for £70 collected or £80 posted they are in the Cali shop for just over £140
Your need to buy new velcro for it

Hi - after thinking it through, I have decided that I would prefer one that fits around the sliding door opening.

Good luck with selling yours.

Hello is
Will give them a chance to reply, if they don't want it then will let you know.
Looking for £70 collected or £80 posted they are in the Cali shop for just over £140
Your need to buy new velcro for it

Hello, did you ever sell your fly net? Interested if not.

Check our friend Chili:

https://www.maxxcamp.de/de/shop/produkte/229-2-moskitonetz-heckklappe.php
Found the one that yuchili uses i think.

Mozi nets have been on the list for a while but i didn´t like the idea of
sticking velcro around the doors, these are just the job.
Big up yuchili, that man has got style.

Personally I took the Brandrup one mainly for 2 reasons. First I wanted to avoid having to store (fold) the net, taking up some useful space in a cabinet, and secondly to avoid the zipper in the middle which 'cuts' a bit the outdoors perspective. I leave mine all year rolled up at the C pillar, unfolded, immediately available at whatever moment.

IMG_E2422.jpg

Back