Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Braving it in Buxton this weekend!!

Very brave indeed , hope you have an aux. heater fitted...?
Or used a electric heater...
What would worry me is putting the frozen windscreen and topper inside the Cali when leaving the site causing a flood meltwater inside :Nailbiting
How did you managed that?

Bet those Defenders were frozen on the inside too.....had one for ten years before the Cali .
Still miss it , had a 130 on my drive just yesterday from somebody picking things up sold on the internet ....almost had to wipe a tear....

Ha :) no problem they pretty much shake dry!
Glad I had the roof cover on though. Otherwise I would have been digging the ice out of the roof mechanism in order to close it! :Nailbiting struggled rolling the awning back in though!

Really like the look of your van, looks so much more sporty than your neighbor :)
Thanks thats my friends he's part way through converting it. He's done all the inside and the outside is next on the list!

Nice one Nick. Now you know why I moved from Buxton. 5 degrees warmer here. :):)

Duke of York .....the owner even bought us up a fire pit to use
I'd have sent the butler. How is the Duke?

Shouldn't you be sweating it out making Cali Cozies for everyone instead of enjoying yourself :D

I'd have sent the butler. How is the Duke?

Shouldn't you be sweating it out making Cali Cozies for everyone instead of enjoying yourself :D

Ha, not on a Sunday in January...plenty of chance for working weekeds in the summer :(

Nice one Nick. Now you know why I moved from Buxton. 5 degrees warmer here. :):)
This was a top site Brian...there was a landrover club meeting and the owners were very laid back and helpful. I was talking with them about aranging a meeting later in the year :thumb:thumb

This was a top site Brian...there was a landrover club meeting and the owners were very laid back and helpful. I was talking with them about aranging a meeting later in the year :thumb:thumb
We live very close to this!
It must have been beautiful the photos are great thx for posting them

I really fancy some camping, but as I have no aux heater. I would rely on the hookup and some lovely radiators. However I got caught out once when the power went out and I've been a little nervous ever since hehe. :)

Looks lovely, Im a little jealous :D.

Nick - Nice one.

Is that the Duke of York at Pomeroy?

The Royal Oak just down the road has a campsite as well (no hook ups I think) but is next to the Tissington Trail for walks and bikes. Pubs a bit better as well IMO.

Nick - Nice one.

Is that the Duke of York at Pomeroy?

It sure was - great site and they've just spent a lot of money developing the site and new shower/toilet facilities.

Like Brian says there's a few good sites in the area there's another one just 1/2 a mile down the roal called the 'Bull - ith - thorn' which had camping too.

10 of us had a evening meal and breakfast at the Duke of York and the the food got a big thumbs up from everyone!

I liked the laid back owners who couldn't do enough to help - they were more than happy for me to arrange some sort of meeting so I'll be ringing them when they're back of their holidays!

Thanks Nick. Must give it a go sometime.

From what I can see from the road (on our way to Leek) The Royal Oak seems to have gone a little over regimented with marked out pitches on the lower field. Excellent food and beer though.

Our coldest recorded temperature whilst camping is -10 C at the Chirk CC site in January! We had a Pucer Screen insulated canvas cover (brilliant) and a small fan heater, so didn't need the diesel heater and were veery snug indeed!

Back