Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brexit Posts Deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should have an "agreed" list on contentious subjects.
The items always bound to spark lively debate.

I'll make a start..............

Drive Away Awnings
Porta Potti
4Motion (Don't even go there with Diff Lock)
Bungee cord
Spare safe (Legolandgate)
Saggy rear end (Especially after fitting 30mm lowering springs)

Thats sounds like enough to get things started - What have I done ! :talktothehand
Can we ban the repeating question of "what are these funny little clips for on the awning"? Worse than any political rant IMHO :D

Maybe we should have an "agreed" list on contentious subjects.
The items always bound to spark lively debate.

I'll make a start..............

Drive Away Awnings
Porta Potti
4Motion (Don't even go there with Diff Lock)
Bungee cord
Spare safe (Legolandgate)
Saggy rear end (Especially after fitting 30mm lowering springs)

Thats sounds like enough to get things started - What have I done ! :talktothehand
Just because I have a Saggy Rear End, doesn't necessarily make me contentious (a bit self-conscious perhaps..)..

They could, but in this case the question posed was related to Ferry travel from Portsmouth. Would there be similar delays as there were at Dover?
Up until Post 11, all the posts were related to that question. THEN an incorrect statement regarding the cause of the delays at Dover, and the rest is history.
The thread has disappeared from Three Cocks... are you saying you know that the OP deleted it (ie by deleting their first post) because if not we have to assume the admins/site owner must have taken it down?

Personally FWIW I think it's very disrespectful for anyone to arbitrarily remove a whole thread full of content posted by forum members, except for those specific posts that contravene explicit or implicit site rules (eg personal attacks, grossly offensive language). If a thread descends into a slanging match between a couple of members there's nothing wrong (IMO) with the admins locking it for any further posts.

The thread has disappeared from Three Cocks... are you saying you know that the OP deleted it (ie by deleting their first post) because if not we have to assume the admins/site owner must have taken it down?

Personally FWIW I think it's very disrespectful for anyone to arbitrarily remove a whole thread full of content posted by forum members, except for those specific posts that contravene explicit or implicit site rules (eg personal attacks, grossly offensive language). If a thread descends into a slanging match between a couple of members there's nothing wrong (IMO) with the admins locking it for any further posts.
I think the Op implied they were going to delete their post/thread due to bickering and off topic replies, so they probably just deleted it themselves.

They could, but in this case the question posed was related to Ferry travel from Portsmouth. Would there be similar delays as there were at Dover?
Up until Post 11, all the posts were related to that question. THEN an incorrect statement regarding the cause of the delays at Dover, and the rest is history.
You just can't stop yourself, can you?

Just set up a Brexit thread in the 3 Cocks, then it can easily be ignored.

Anyone posting Brexit content in other threads gets sin-binned for a few days. Post removed.

Impossible to manage / setup but a nice idea!

He doesn't want to stop, it's called compulsive exhibitionism. Just look at the number of posts, most of which are zero content insults directed at other Forum members. Like other forms of exhibitionism, the best tactic is to ignore.
A bit like Trump but minus the money and power?

Has anyone else had their Brexit related posts deleted? I’ve noticed that when someone posts something pro-Brexit and you correct their factual inaccuracies, the post seems to disappear quite quickly. It’s happened to me three or four times now. I stick to the known facts and the posts are perfectly polite, but this makes no difference. I’m a journalist who has worked for most of the national papers, two broadcasters and a ‘major streaming service‘ but I’ve never been censored in this way before… I guess this thread won’t last long! And it’s probably time for me to seek out new campervan-related websites.
When you create a thread, there are options at the top of the page, one of which is Delete Thread.
I created it to ask about whether there would be queues at Plymouth for a ferry to Spain.
When it descended into messages about "French Twats" and people being "shipped off" back to France, I decided I didn't want anything to do with it.

So I deleted the thread I created. No moderators in this case.

What a sad, sad person. But you’ve got good company with the wind player from Barcelona and his solar powered bath.

What a sad, sad person. But you’ve got good company with the wind player from Barcelona and his solar powered bath.

Wel mae o o dy ochr di i'r pwll mawr, felly byddet ti'n gwybod.

That bloody open get's blamed for everything :shocked

I guess from a Cali perspective it’s useful to discuss the impact of Brexit in as far as the rules have changed for Brits travelling to Europe. Although it’s my opinion that the changes are for the worse, I guess others may feel they are an improvement. Whatever your view it’s worth discussing them because they impact on our trips to EU countries and there are further changes in the offing which will impact further when introduced. However, I agree that offensive and abusive comments are out of order.

Speaking personally, I come here for Van chat, not politics.
If I wanted a row with a stranger about Brexit, I would post on twitter instead.

#justsaying
A fact!! However the OP is enquiring about content being deleted/ censorship rather than having a Brexit discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back