Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BugJam - any tips for first timers?

C

CSaville

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all,
We are taking our two VWs up to Bug Jam for the first time this year, we were hoping for any tips/ essential items to pack/ how to make the most of the weekend ect.

We have a 2016 T6 Cali ocean and a T5 Cali transporter full conversion.
We have got Thursday night entry tickets.

Thanks in advance :D

Go enjoy,don’t take the electric kettle or toaster

Hi all,
We are taking our two VWs up to Bug Jam for the first time this year, we were hoping for any tips/ essential items to pack/ how to make the most of the weekend ect.

Yeah take ear plugs !!!!!

I did bug jam since about bug jam 3 ....

I think I stopped about 6 yrs ago
Awsome wknd but very full on driving home with the hangover of the year was always the worst bit....
Enjoy

Last edited:
Hi all,

Hi CS, just back from Santapod, Six of us in our Cali, 2 up, 2 down and two in the driveway awning, we brought a garden gazebo with us for extra outside space and cooking gear, chill out area. (Sides on the gazebo)
The Thursday afternoon entry is a good idea as it gets very busy at some events, if you have kids, try for the family camping area, it’s a bit quieter than the main field close to the fairground and stunt arena. If not you may want to avoid the family area as you do get woken up by young ones.

Either way take ear plugs for the track and sleeping.

I’m booked up for Bug Jam also arriving Thursday afternoon.

As mentioned above no electric hook up possible so make sure you top up the lesuire battery and bring some battery packs for charging phones.

You will not be able to leave Santapod during the weekend, otherwise you have to pay to re-enter, so just make sure you have everything you need, in the way of food, gas, charcoal, beer etc.
Santapod do not allow glass, bottles , jars etc onsite, they have started checking at the gate, (random checks) so make sure wine, beer etc is Not in a glass container etc. Or you’ll loose it before you get in!

When choosing a pitch, try not to park next to portaloos or near the mobile light columns, dotted around, the lights have generators at the base and they are on all night for security, not great if your right next to them !

It can get muddy if the weather isn’t good

I hope that helps with a few pointers

Ask if you have any questions, I’ll try to help

Hi CS, just back from Santapod, Six of us in our Cali, 2 up, 2 down and two in the driveway awning, we brought a garden gazebo with us for extra outside space and cooking gear, chill out area. (Sides on the gazebo)
The Thursday afternoon entry is a good idea as it gets very busy at some events, if you have kids, try for the family camping area, it’s a bit quieter than the main field close to the fairground and stunt arena. If not you may want to avoid the family area as you do get woken up by young ones.

Either way take ear plugs for the track and sleeping.

I’m booked up for Bug Jam also arriving Thursday afternoon.

As mentioned above no electric hook up possible so make sure you top up the lesuire battery and bring some battery packs for charging phones.

You will not be able to leave Santapod during the weekend, otherwise you have to pay to re-enter, so just make sure you have everything you need, in the way of food, gas, charcoal, beer etc.
Santapod do not allow glass, bottles , jars etc onsite, they have started checking at the gate, (random checks) so make sure wine, beer etc is Not in a glass container etc. Or you’ll loose it before you get in!

When choosing a pitch, try not to park next to portaloos or near the mobile light columns, dotted around, the lights have generators at the base and they are on all night for security, not great if your right next to them !

It can get muddy if the weather isn’t good

I hope that helps with a few pointers

Ask if you have any questions, I’ll try to help

Hi Perfectos,
Thanks so much for all of that, especially the glass rule, we would have lost rather a lot of wine and gin without your advice!
Also couldn't imagine having 6 people and only one vehicle! we are going the complete opposite way and having one person per van! but we are people who very much like our own personal space!

Back