Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Busfest 2022

Sunday morning at Busfest 2022, final day after a great weekend and club meet, big thanks to Chris @Mr T for organising the meet up. It was really great to meet up with you all and have a catch up. Big shout out to Maggie and Ivan who were pitched next to us and had only picked up their Cali 2 weeks ago. I think they must be skint by now as when they saw all the additions and accessorise we had purchased over the past 3 years they decided to go on a spending spree at Busfest . Safe travels home to all that went and hope to see you next year or sooner if more meet ups are planned. Steve and Sue

6A96B117-10EC-4EE8-A0FA-C94B1E11F306.jpeg

9CC89D4D-0406-463A-B9BB-BA0A9873171F.jpeg

31C4B497-55DD-4B03-A32C-CE4D9F1CA335.jpeg

9B540B8B-694B-4D14-A26D-ACDA5F62723A.jpeg

2AD109E5-472A-4537-891F-1B59A195DC24.jpeg

A6B311DE-07D6-4BC8-A115-4BBB66FA7020.jpeg

C04151D6-96DE-4E02-971F-5B12D100F784.jpeg

52E32716-D962-4763-A7C7-97C35CD05079.jpeg

What a fantastic line up of you all...managed to stumble on it when looking for a friend....really good to see such a strong turnout all camped together...
and that VIP special visitor certainly created a buzz

was interesting to see how the Buzz had been adapted for living and camping in as well! Christian from VW has now toured 28 countries with it and was setting off for Iceland with it after Busfest!
The most asked question by Brit people was about range..apparently not a pressing question elsewhere!

Sunday morning at Busfest 2022, final day after a great weekend and club meet, big thanks to Chris @Mr T for organising the meet up. It was really great to meet up with you all and have a catch up. Big shout out to Maggie and Ivan who were pitched next to us and had only picked up their Cali 2 weeks ago. I think they must be skint by now as when they saw all the additions and accessorise we had purchased over the past 3 years they decided to go on a spending spree at Busfest . Safe travels home to all that went and hope to see you next year or sooner if more meet ups are planned. Steve and Sue

View attachment 99114

View attachment 99115

View attachment 99116

View attachment 99117

View attachment 99118

View attachment 99119

View attachment 99120

View attachment 99121
Thanks for helping us spend too much on “goodies“ for our California (her name is Scarlet II) , we had a great time meeting you all.

Hi All
Not sure who was responsible for the weather dances at Busfest 2022 but they did a great job! Yes we did have some very ominous black clouds at times but they kept away and with temperatures hovering in the low twenties it was perfect camping weather. Entertainment was various but always loud! Chris, I do think we should have won an award for best organised Club Site with all of us parking to within tight mm requirements. Other clubs were chaotic!! (I heard several comments on this theme from a number of visitors :thumb). Also made for a great interaction with existing club and non club members. Great Job. Must get some of the photos of Terri (and others) accosting wearers of national costumes, and other, insisting on photo opportunities. I did have a bit of a sore throat this morning due to my poor attempts to join in the singing of some classic anthems at the Sheepshed Stage last night. (Note to self - Yr not 25 any longer!!)
Will we be at Busfest 2023? You bet!
Thanks to Chris, Maggi and Bob for the organisation. These things don't happen on their own you know.
For those of you going to Slimbridge in a couple of weeks time .........see you there. xx

Thanks again for all the great organising. The Club stand was the best on the showground. My son and I had a great time, his first VW festival. He's now hooked, but has found out he can't keep up with the old man in drinking.

20220909_161346.jpg

IMG-20220909-WA0003.jpeg

20220909_202539.jpg

Yes we are coming. Haha. Thank you for accommodating us even though our tickets were general camping.. We got a chance to meet a few of you, and very nice it was too. What a great weekend, thank you. Mark, emma, Frank, ollie and barry from Cork.

16629246289101655450425119838970.jpg

Great to meet Loz and son (who should be able to get through his hangovers
by 2023) and all others. First time at an organised meet, having concentrated on own travels before, but had a fantastic time, managed to keep several traders in business, and looking forward to the next. Chris and Helen x

39F8F499-BE6C-4C13-83FB-14DE21D9E0B9.jpeg

20220909_174254.jpg20220909_194404.jpg20220910_004916.jpg20220909_174153.jpg20220909_174346.jpgA massive thank you to @Mr T for organising this. A brilliant (and flipping expensive weekend!). Spent a load on 'stuff' and got loads of ideas for future purchases Great to meet everyone - hopefully see most of you at Slimbridge! Matt, Anita (birthday girl) and Barney the bulldog.

Last edited:
Yes we are coming. Haha. Thank you for accommodating us even though our tickets were general camping.. We got a chance to meet a few of you, and very nice it was too. What a great weekend, thank you. Mark, emma, Frank, ollie and barry from Cork.

View attachment 99185
Lovely to meet you two - Barney says woofwoof to Ollie and Frank.

Good to see you again Chris and thanks for organising - a superb event:)

Just home to Scotland after weekend at Busfest. Really enjoyed weekend with great atmosphere. Thank you so much for organising.
Lovely to meet you and glad you enjoyed the weekend. Possibly the award for furthest travelled for California Club camping at Busfest? Well done!

Just want to say a massive that you to each and every one of the club members who came to Busfest. Thank you for your cooperation and patience during the pitching up process. With so many Cali’s to fit in the pitch it needed to be laid out in a certain way, but it meant we failed to have a social gathering area, something that several members commented on and I agree, so I will see what can be done for next year!

It was a great weekend and the weather was very kind.

Big thanks to @Calimagg (Bob and Maggie) for assisting me in meeting, greeting and pitching members up, couldn’t have done it all on my own.

Had an absolute blast with lots of good chats, fun and banter!
42 vehicles pitched up. Definitely the best Club display, even if I do say so myself!

Onward to Slimbridge next!
Take care all and thank you once again.

Chris

Just want to say a massive that you to each and every one of the club members who came to Busfest. Thank you for your cooperation and patience during the pitching up process. With so many Cali’s to fit in the pitch it needed to be laid out in a certain way, but it meant we failed to have a social gathering area, something that several members commented on and I agree, so I will see what can be done for next year!

It was a great weekend and the weather was very kind.

Big thanks to @Calimagg (Bob and Maggie) for assisting me in meeting, greeting and pitching members up, couldn’t have done it all on my own.

Had an absolute blast with lots of good chats, fun and banter!
42 vehicles pitched up. Definitely the best Club display, even if I do say so myself!

Onward to Slimbridge next!
Take care all and thank you once again.

Chris
Thank you all for making me so welcomed. I had a great weekend

Fantastic weekend and great turnout from the Forum. Many thanks to @Mr T for organizing the club section and making everyone feel welcome.
We managed to have a chat to a few of you over the weekend which was great and it was good to see other peoples set up etc.
And a special thanks to @Seaview who showed us the Yeti tumblers, which ended up costing us a small fortune in cups etc.

Back