Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying Used - How to Identify Options

superchoward

superchoward

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm going to look at a 2013 Cali SE over the weekend with a view to buying it through a private sale. I just wondered if there was any record of what options the Cali was ordered with would be present anywhere? E.g. option codes printed on a sticker somewhere on the van?

Obviously I'm expecting the seller to know and as they have had it from new, hopefully have all the paperwork from when they purchased the van detailing this information but trying to do some research before we go.

Thanks in advance

There should be a sticker in the handbook with the option codes on.2013 there would have only been a few options. Ie climatronic,parking sensors,cruise,privacy,awning,rain sensing wipers most of the other stuff was standard. Long before adaptive cruise media pack etc

On the driver seat base should be a sticker with all the options, in code, which i was able to determine mine isn't built pre wired for a towbar, Damn.
But, that sticker will have all the details you need. Just a matter of finding what they all mean......
:cheers

Excellent, thank you. I'll try and snap a picture of the sticker then spend the rest of the weekend finding out what they mean. Like I say, hopefully the owners will know all this information but you never know!

There is a BMW VIN decoder - maybe there is a VW, should give full factory spec

There are a number of option code decoder websites ...

http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx it says that it was last updated in 2013 but I think it has more up to date info than that.

http://vag-codes.info/vag-option-codes will provide a down-loadable listing.

http://vag-codes.info/ will decode individual option codes.

Or if you have a friendly dealer the parts man may be willing to do you a print of the 'Car data' from the chassis number. Be aware that the latter can be very confusing!

Be aware that even the option sticker can lead to confusion as I have owned a vehicle with 17" wheels and 18" tyres according to a decode of the options list!

Rod

Any good seller wil have the original order and bill . Ask him to show it so you can see what was added .
An SE has all the things you need , any option on top is a plus but has not that much influence on the price when 2nd hand.
The main(expencive) options : climatecontrol (seperate airco in the rear) , RNS510 (upgraded radio/satnav.) , multifunctional steeringwheel , leather , ...
Also 4motion with diff lock .
All those things are easy to spot .

Any well priced Cali will sell very quickly. Don't take too long doing your research, when the fitted options will be clearly visible on inspection.

So I went to look today and have put a deposit down on it. Snapped a picture of the sticker under the driver's seat so I'm going to get onto VAG Codes now and see if I can get the detail on it. I did see a lot of the options on the car, front and rear parking sensors, cruise control, xenon lights, RNS510, electric door etc. so I know most of them.

Thanks for your help...now the excited wait until we pick it up!

Back