Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

buzzing noise coming from the gas bottle/water tank compartment

Juliette ryan

Juliette ryan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
and it's not the midges. On the Isle of Harris at the moment and have noticed a buzzing noise - audible when stationary and dripping tap like annoying. More importantly should I be doing something?????? it sounds electrical. It seemed to coincide with changing the gas bottle. Any help please I would be very grateful.

and it's not the midges. On the Isle of Harris at the moment and have noticed a buzzing noise - audible when stationary and dripping tap like annoying. More importantly should I be doing something?????? it sounds electrical. It seemed to coincide with changing the gas bottle. Any help please I would be very grateful.
Turn the Tap Off.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Assume you are not on hookup?

No I’m not. I’ve got G showing on the control panel. Could that be it? Not able to hook up anywhere.
Tried turning gas tap off but still there. It sounds an electrical buzz like a fridge noise but louder.

That’s done it - thank you so much for persisting ! Do you think that would have caused any damage ? It’s been on for 48hrs - as was staying with friends so van parked up -

That’s done it - thank you so much for persisting ! Do you think that would have caused any damage ? It’s been on for 48hrs - as was staying with friends so van parked up -
If the pump has been running dry for 48hrs it won’t have done it any good but it’s not a massive job to replace. You need to fill up with water and see if it still works.

It will surely have taken some years of it's life. But the good thing is, you don't have to buy an original waterpump. Just one with the same specs.

Back