Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clicking from water tank area

J

JamesBell

Hello,

I’ve noticed a loud clicking sound coming from my fresh water tank area. It’s pretty loud and approx every second. I’ve checked best I can and can’t see anything obvious. It’s very loud under the safe and around the water tank so assuming it’s the pump, however the pump works fine. I first noticed it yesterday as I was emptying the water tank stood by the gas bottle. You wouldn’t be able to sleep through it as it’s too loud.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before.

Thanks

Make sure your tap at the sink is fully off.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Make sure your tap at the sink is fully off.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yes sorry I should have mentioned I’ve done that. When I turn the tap on and off the clicking is still audible.
Thanks again.

Have tried removing the fuse or disconnecting the feed to the pump/tap?
Does it happen on hookup?
Sure it’s not coming from the leisure battery compartment?

I haven't tried that
Have tried removing the fuse or disconnecting the feed to the pump/tap?
Does it happen on hookup?
Sure it’s not coming from the leisure battery compartment?

I haven't tried that, thanks. I did take a look inside the leisure battery compartment and the sound is loudest there I think. I unplugged the box on top of the battery but to no avail. Im a bit lost with it tbh.

Ive not bene on a hookup yet, it's clicking all the time. Regardless.

Sorry for pulling up an old thread, but did you Ever figure this out? Just started happening to us. Too late to fix now but need to sort it tomorrow…

Sorry for pulling up an old thread, but did you Ever figure this out? Just started happening to us. Too late to fix now but need to sort it tomorrow…
As well as checking that it’s not the pump it might be worth checking it’s not coming from the battery charger (does it happen on hook up ?).

As well as checking that it’s not the pump it might be worth checking it’s not coming from the battery charger (does it happen on hook up ?).
Seems to happen on both hook up or not. It does definitely sound like a solenoid or something clicking on and off - doing it at a rate of around once a second…

Seems to happen on both hook up or not. It does definitely sound like a solenoid or something clicking on and off - doing it at a rate of around once a second…
You haven’t got the heater on? The fuel pump gives a regular click when it’s running.

Sounds like a relay to me.
Yeah it sounds like it maybe something like this but not sure how to diagnose without taking the cupboard apart when we get home, would be great if anyone knew what lived inside there that could be making such a noise.. thanks for the input thus far…

Ok so strange update. If I unplug from mains then it stops after 2 mins or so. However I also noticed it after doing a long drive when it wasn’t plugged in, so it’s as if when the battery is fully charged it’s clicking… although when I unplug it’s still fully charged so does not really add up. In either case it’s something to do with the electrics / battery at the rear near side

Following this with interest.
I’m wondering if there is another relay to do with the trickle charging of starter motor battery whilst on EHU. Wonder if this could be something to do with the -1 A on the control panel.
Or issues regarding starter Batt discharging.
We heard a couple of clicks from the back cupboard under sink today whilst enjoying a brew on clent hills in the rain…
And I mentioned it to wifey..

Back