Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water not coming out of tap

D

DNorthcroft

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have recently found that the water isn't coming out of the tap in my T5 Cali SE.
I have tried to find if fuse gas gone, but not sure which one it is. I rang dealership and asked if they could help if I gave VIN number but they said I would have to bring it in.
I have checked connection under sink and wiggled cables and no change.
I have accessed the water tank via wardrobe cupboard and wiggled pump and no water.
I have not been able to remove tap to check micro switch, maybe doing something wrong?
When I turn tap on there is no noise, I thought that I should hear the pump work?
I am now at a loss, is the only option to take it to the dealer to repair?
Any thoughts?

There is a thread somewhere on the forum somewhere that has already covered this problem I’m sure somebody will be able to point you to it but have a look at these pictures and bridge the conection under the sink as shown if the the pump kicks in the micro switch has failed if it does not then the pump has failed hope that helps

C2B66CEF-52DC-4DD3-A1F7-68C4B9C82D4B.jpeg 5B9C35D4-C0EA-46E1-808C-11EB562D4003.jpeg

The pump is easy to replace.
I think that has a shorter life span than the switch.

Hi DNorthcroft,

You have probably sorted it by now, but in case you haven't:

The fuse is under the passenger seat, 5amp, beige or orange colour. There are only two of these to check.

If the pump has failed there is lots of information on this site if you search for 'pump not working'. This will describe how to connect a new one.

I replaced mine with a Whale GP1002 which at £12 on Ebay is much cheaper than the VW replacement. I was not impressed with the VW original from my van as it was wet inside and rusted solid when I did the post mortem. The Whale pump is a slightly loose fit on the supply pipe so I suggest using a small cable tie to secure it.

I hope that this helps.

After much fiddling around and going through the various threads I have identified that the water pump was the issue. Having accessed it I have managed to get to the impeller and a few taps later found that it has started to work again and water has resumed.
Many thank one and all.