Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, what did I miss?

A difference of opinion over whether Britain or the EU is to blame for the addition red tape for UK passport holders (and their pets) visiting the EU.

In particular post #13 in this thread:

Hey don't go, your knowledge will be missed by us all

believe me, you can also get blocked or facebook jail for not agreeing with certain narratives like climate,vaccines,brexit,lockdowns,trans etc on facebook,twitter,and reddit ,taking such discussions there results in the same censorship. so i think WG is correct

Last edited:
The fact that Remoaners can post on any thread and get away with it, whereas those who object get threads moved says it all.
Now I understand why Hotel California called it a day.
Please don't go.

I have tried not to either disagree or agree with any of the political / *exi* posts. The only reason some have or havn't been subject to my Angry / sad / dislike emoji is based on how far back down the threads I could be bothered to go.
I certainly havn't tried to pick out anyones posts individually & the angry / sad /dislike is based on the fact that its a political post rather than views expressed in it.

I am a firm believer that politics & religion are best not discussed on a public forum.

I joined this forum for the valuable technical information advice and information offered. Individuals such as @WelshGas have obviously been very generous with this support.

I certainly did not join for political comment, debate or argument, although it’s obvious that politics and big issues such as Brex*t cannot be ignored, and will impact on travel and our California owning lives.

So, I have always avoided participating in such discussions, despite often holding very opposing views to some of the comments posted. It’s simply not worth it, as it always ends up getting personal and the subject thread gets hi-jacked and lost.

The single line insults and put-downs, which reduce debate to simplistic, entrenched points of view, should be unwelcome on this platform, although goodness knows how you moderate them all. In life, black and white does not exist, simply different shades of grey.

Let’s look to the future and concentrate on what really matters on a California forum.

The trouble is, Welshgas is the one person on the forum who you can guarantee will wade into any and every thread that mentioned Europe (and how things are different now) and post his opinions as "facts", refuse to accept that others have different opinions, and then argue the thread to death. To then blame his "departure" on those who disagreed is a bit rich.

He'll be back...anyone who announces they're leaving like a toddler throwing a tantrum comes back (besides what else will he do with his time..he must have spent hours on here every day).

Sorry if this is a bit blunt

I'm still very much a newbie, both on here and to Cali adventures. But there are certain "old hands" on here that come to the rescue of others time and time again. Both virtually and physically. Those who you just know "know their stuff" and can be relied upon to help you out when the dealers are running in the other direction. @WelshGas is one of those. When you post a question and within minutes there is a wise and trusted and reliable response, for which it's not just the poster that is grateful, but dozens of others you read the reply and inwardly digest the info for future reference.
I have said it before, if I wanted a row with a stranger about politics, I would find a wasp's nest to poke on twitter.
I don't visit here daily for a virtual dust up. I come here for the advice, I come here for ideas and the whole sense of common cameradie that it promotes.
Please lets keep it that way eh? For the common good?

Tough when a Democratic Decision doesn’t go your way. Never mind. You could always move to France.

That's a shame, if you mean it, but regardless it shows the division the B word has put in the country. I thought your response to me over fuel prices was a bit off but let it go. I think I'm right; you think you're right. I'm not going to stop expressing my opinion over B, or indeed any other political situation just because 52% of people thought they wanted it six years ago.

I am sure that we all need to be mindful of each other's views.

I first joined this forum in 2011 when I started looking at Calis. I left and came back when I bought one, Welshgas has been one of the most helpful and informative posters I have seen. He has decided to go and I hope he comes back despite the petty idiots who contribute nothing in comparison. There are even some in this thread having a go at him. Its a pity he has let the sad and pathetic keyboard warriors get to him, maybe he should just use the ignore button like I do. It makes life a lot easier.

I agree, he is one of the most helpful and informed posters about California's. But he cannot resist making political points. Yes, I am criticizing him, because I disagree with the way he behaves on here....like everyone he's not perfect.
If that makes me one of your petty idiots so be it.

@WelshGas if you mention Brexit someone will put facts in front of you. You may or may not like them.

As others have said you are well respected on this forum. Stick to what you know very well and the love will follow. Use Pejorative terms like ‘Remoaners’ and you’ll start conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back