Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caen ferry port

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi folks, I am currently in Provence and thinking of a morning ferry home. Does anyone know if you can sleep at the port if we arrive at 3.00am. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Hi folks, I am currently in Provence and thinking of a morning ferry home. Does anyone know if you can sleep at the port if we arrive at 3.00am. Sorry if this has been asked before.
The ferry docks in Ouistreham, lots of campers use the marina there, very handy for ferry and walk into town.

Probably duplicating the above info.
There is car park area just before the ferry and the Seafood Market, where the road does a left right, we used to sleep overnight in our caravan there for many years. There was also an area just in front of the ferry booking in terminals that we slept in until they opened up. Not sure if it's still there since the recent security fences were put up.
Look on Google Map satellite view, zoom in on Ferry Area then look back down to the entrance and the approach road. Google is out of date and shows how it was prior to the security changes.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@49.2...4!1skrEJv0InLVEnOfO42nBxDA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Last edited:
Came back up from Morocco last week and decided to take the Caen ferry. The port is actually in Ouistreham about 12 miles the other side of Caen. There is a campsite about a mile before the port but I parked in the car park just before the ferry. There is a sign showing "no campers" but I and 2 others had no problem. There are 2 new superloos which are open 24/7 and they're free. If you want to eat there the restaurant on the corner is cheap (for France) and welcoming. The others are neither.

Came back up from Morocco last week and decided to take the Caen ferry. The port is actually in Ouistreham about 12 miles the other side of Caen. There is a campsite about a mile before the port but I parked in the car park just before the ferry. There is a sign showing "no campers" but I and 2 others had no problem. There are 2 new superloos which are open 24/7 and they're free. If you want to eat there the restaurant on the corner is cheap (for France) and welcoming. The others are neither.
I am back in the UK now, we got the night ferry so did not need to sleep over but thanks for your comment